Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Winchester Super X1 trap model for sale, it has a 30" fixed full choke and MC stock, it also has the Wright SS tube updates with type 3 trigger. The gun has a shell catcher and a shell deflector for shooting doubles. The blueing is good and has great wood with no cracks but does have some marks on it from being used. I am asking $700.00 plus shipping, feel free to email me or call me at 304-387-2435 with any questions.

·
Registered
718 Posts
sorry you don't like California. also, thought you might like to know you have a field gun with trap wood not a "trap model". all trap and skeet receivers were engraved (roll type). Jack

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i just received a phone call and was told the same thing, i bought the gun at Jaquas in Ohio and it was listed as trap, sorry. TOM

·
Registered
711 Posts
Can't quite read the serial #---however towards the end of production, trap gun receivers did not have the scroll engraving (rolled).PS, this appears to be a later model with the gold trigger.
regards
Bob

·
Registered
4,636 Posts
That would be a model that was put togather rather then built from te factory with a field reciever. The guns that had the field recievers were in the 80,000 range. The last guns built. Is that is a trap full choke barrel or just a full choke barrel? A trap full choke barrel says "Trap full choke" instead of full choke.

·
Registered
441 Posts
The late model XTR Trap guns have slick sides and gold triggers. Have one new in box that I bought from JCPenny in 1982. The wood on the XTRs is top notch!!

·
Registered
718 Posts
I like the field receivers better than the roll engraved. there is no functional difference, but it is too early to be a smooth sided trap gun. Jeff is right, they came at the end of production when they were using up what they had left (or so I've been told). Jack

·
Registered
8,533 Posts
That is a very early serial #. Bob Baumgart did use many of the gold triggers when he upgraded from stage 1 to stage 3.

are their any markings on the trigger assembly?

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
SuperXJeff is right that is a FRANKENGUN Super X-1....it has a field barrel and the gold trigger does not correspond with the serial number....

The serial number corresponds to a Stage 1 trigger....just before Stage 2 came out....it is close to the Olin period.....

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
After all the experts are done tearing my gun to pieces I have come to realize that it was not an original trap model whichis rolled scroll engraving on the receiver but a field reciecer which is the same receiver without the scroll on the sides. However it has the upgrades of the stainless steel internals and type 3 trigger which explains the gold trigger, I have decided to lower the price to 700.00 plus shipping, which I am sure it is worth that and if the experts dont agree with that they can kiss my @#&.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
buckhunter26050,

You need to know most X-1s nowadays are FRANKENGUNS...meaning, people cannibalize field guns and swap parts....in most cases it is an improvement from the original...that is, if the person doing it knows what he/she is doing...

·
Registered
8,533 Posts
buck hunter, $700 is a perfectly good amount to ask with the upgrades and stock.

nothing wrong with the gun. Actually as stated, the plain receivers are in greater demand than the role stamped engraved ones.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.