Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried drilling the barrel on the sx 1 similar to the rem 1100 to deflect the hulls? Hate grinding the bolt handle for clearance, don’t like the stick on receiver type…not opposed to the piano wire but need to know what size wire and location. Have access to Bridgeport but rather not experiment on a barrel to find out if I’m right or wrong in location. The deflector pin like the 1100 is my preferred choice but am open to other suggestions. Thx Keith

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had no idea that was ever even a factory option. Thanks for the reply! I will definitely look into picking one up. Suggest NuLine over MGW?

·
Registered
1972 BT 99 Winchester SuperX model 1
76 Posts
Has anyone tried drilling the barrel on the sx 1 similar to the rem 1100 to deflect the hulls? Hate grinding the bolt handle for clearance, don’t like the stick on receiver type…not opposed to the piano wire but need to know what size wire and location. Have access to Bridgeport but rather not experiment on a barrel to find out if I’m right or wrong in location. The deflector pin like the 1100 is my preferred choice but am open to other suggestions. Thx Keith
Nuline sells a deflector that is held on with the wood formed. I have one for mine it work well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts