Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
I have used them in gun clubs with 20.2 grs of WSH and Fed papers also with good results so far,but I am in the process of tweaking the shells,I used a CB31118-12A
wad for the gun clubs and some Fed 12C1 wads that I had left over for the papers,I will start to use the 12S3 wads for the papers,as the old wads are being run out.I used cheddite primers,also.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Aaron's right on also using the Winchester HS hulls with their smaller area makes better crimps for me with 1 oz loads for super handi powder
Pete

·
Registered
455 Posts
What does te 1 ounce wad do for loading 1 1/8 in the AA powder really curious blue windjammer works well for me just makin g sure I am not doing something wrong

·
Registered
119 Posts
What does te 1 ounce wad do for loading 1 1/8 in the AA powder really curious blue windjammer works well for me just makin g sure I am not doing something wrong
Since WSH is so dense, it requires very little case volume, therefor the TGT wad provides a crimp height that is not low such as using a Fig 8 wad. In addition, the TGT wad provides a slight pattern increase.

Never tried it using Winchester AA hulls, just Remington.

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
I have been using WSH for quite a while in the Double AA hulls. 20.5 grains with a Spolar gold wad and 1.125 of hard shot. I tried the Nitro/STS hulls and was not getting what I wanted so I went back to Tite Group for the Green and Gold hulls. Seems the Tite Group works better in the Remmie hulls. YMMV.........

·
Registered
'07 Kolar Max TA 3bbl set, Jeff Mainland fitted
2,745 Posts
I eventually went with Win primers, Downrange DRRHF-8 (the yellow fig-8 clone) and Green Dot, with excellent results.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts