Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me about the winchester sekect energy. Im thinking of buying one with 28" barrels. The gun feels awesome, and are alot cheaper than Browning or Beretta

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
If it fits you - buy it.

For trap the 28" barrels are a bit short. I have one with 30" barrels and I shot it well. I really liked it.

Moved up to a K-80 so I don;t use it now. Keep it as a back up and I will use it for Sporting Clays.

I only have 5-000 rounds through it so I cannot tell if it will last heavy use.

Don

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. Im just looking for an afforable gun. My son just started 4-H shooting sports and he wants me to shoot with him. Im shooting a benelli auto with 26" barrell. I found the select brand new in the box for 1000.00, I thought it sounded pretty good.
Kevin

·
Registered
117 Posts
In the Select Energy models the trap model has the wide Broadway style rib. The sporting model is thinner. That was the only spec difference I noticed when I tried them. I shoot mine for trap only and it has been great. As opposed to dverna, I sold my Krieghoff and shoot only the Select now. Scores are up on all three events. Go figure. I can spend more on practice now. Buy it, you won't be dissappointed. If it is new you will notice it a little snug to open for the first 2000 or so. The trigger is very nice as is the grip. Shoot well.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I'm told the Select energy is made by Browning as a lower end model, hense the price. You could also look at SKB, they are in the same price range and a very nice gun.

Hawk,

·
Registered
601 Posts
The winchester select energy is a great gun for the money, I have a select energy trap and have put thousands of rounds through it without a problem. The only thing that I do not like about the gun is that it gets dirty very fast, and after about every thousand rounds I have to take the stock off and clean the insides. Other than that it is a great gun. jamie

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.