Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking on Gunbroker and noticed the Winchester Select Energy trap gun seems fairly inexpensive. Is there something to watch out for on this gun? Is it a shooter? I may be in the market for one for my son. Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Nice gun to start out with, very tight and seems to stay tight. I shot one for about 6 month,shot 10,000 round, brought my average to above 90 and then went to a SKB and then and now Perazzi. Its a good starter Gun if you are getting into the sport, like I did.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Resale value has been a problem with these guns. If you buy one plan on keeping it or taking a beating when you trade or sell it.

Good luck,
Steve

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
It was my starter gun. Very good value. It is a little light (I have 30" barrels). I kept mine and use it as a loaner. I have about 10,000 rounds through it.

A better option is a used BT99 if you will only want a trap gun to start with and will not shoot doubles or sporting clays. You will not lose anything on it when you upgrade.

Don

·
Registered
591 Posts
Decent gun once a good recoil pad is on it and weight is added to balance the gun and help tame recoil. The wrist is a bit small for my taste, needs a raised rib, and I hate the porting. My SE is first and last gun with that feature. All it does is make things a lot louder.

~Michael

·
Registered
149 Posts
I really like mine. I’ve been shooting it for about 7 years now, probably got 15,000 rounds through it. I have had problems with the bottom barrel not firing though, especially with fiochhi primers.it seems to get worse in the cold weather but i don't shoot much when it's cold so its not a concern for me. The paint on the mid rib bead fell off so I have to keep it painted with white out or the glare will blind you. I need to get that replaced. I’m thinking about getting another one for a back up maybe with the 30 inch barrels as mine are 32 . I had a Clyde slide put on about 3 years ago - best money I’ve ever spent.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.