Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
noticed that the primer in the aa international load is all silver in color.whats the difference between that primer and the standard primer? Just curious

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I haven't ever seen an all silver primer in any Win factory ammo, however Winchester does not use the 209 primers sold for reloading in their AA factory (including Int'l loads) ammo, unless this has just happened lately. Let's see a picture.

K

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't ever seen an all silver primer in any Win factory ammo, however Winchester does not use the 209 primers sold for reloading in their AA factory (including Int'l loads) ammo, unless this has just happened lately. Let's see a picture.

K
Sorry not sure how to do that. Not very tech savvy

·
Registered
462 Posts
I bought a box of Remington factory in 270 a couple of years ago and some of the primers were silver and some were brass colored. Never did get a satisfactory answer from Remington about it, but no doubt that they were there. My guess is they had a couple of brands of primers get into the loop somehow. I shot them up without a problem and they shot under 1.5 MOA, so all was good.

Rem 270 2.jpg

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Only "funny business" I've seen is back during the big run on ammo a few years ago - Federal Value Packs (basically Top Guns). I purchased a few where they had Federal GM 209 primers, pronounced round brass cup. Those shells typically use a soft steel (silver) cup.

K

1 - 5 of 5 Posts