Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did Winchester ever make and sell a pistol of any kind? I don't have much reference material but I don't ever recall seeing one.

·
Registered
11,960 Posts
I know they sold 17 and 22 cal. barrel break air pistols. Imports of course, but well made one's.

If you come across one they will be in the old red and black boxes.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
I believe that in the late 1800's Winchester agreed not to produce any pistols if Colt agreed not to produce rifles.

This was long before the days of anti-trust rules; but it may have set the tone for how Winchester went to market for many years.

Don Verna

·
Registered
8,533 Posts
Apparently they made some single shot bolt action pistols at one time.

and also the original S&W as the Volcanic Arms...

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Winchester and Colt did have an agreement which Colt dishonored by bringing out the Lightning pump rifles. Winchester had a prototype double action ready to bring to market and I believe that brought about the end of the Colt long guns, at least til midway through the last century. The Winchester, of which I've only seen pictures, was supposedly head and shoulders above the Colt DAs.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Yes they did infact make a revolver in the late 1800's it was also around that same time the agreement between Colt & Winchester was made. Colt pistols Winchester Rifles

·
Registered
8,533 Posts
Does anyone have a reference for the Winchester revolver? or is this conjecture...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.