Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't get it with the text on some of these posts. Would it be so hard to type: present owner HAS HAD IT FOR 40 YEARS AND NEVER FIRED IT. then EVERYBODY could tell what your saying. long winter already. Bill

·
Registered
607 Posts
So what you actually have is a field grade gun that some one defaced by adding the rib and stock set. Don't get me wrong. It is still very nice and desirable to the right person. I just can't understand why someone would do this. Very Very nice piece to say the least. Good luck, Tim

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
TD1958 I tell My Wife the same thing but she still makes me shave & bathe & get dressed up on Saturday night. I think it is a Great looking Gun . But being a Remington Man I would never figure out the safety when the Quail came up on a rise. Very Very nice Gun if the safety was in the rear trigger guard I would have to have it.......

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
1100 Rem. Man: --BIG GRIN------ gotta agree with you safety in wrong place. But they are a nice little gun. Ross Puls

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Yes, no one on this site has ever altered a gun. Added an adjustable comb. Installed choke tubes in a fixed choke gun. Lengthened forcing cones, back bored, etc. etc. That is one very pretty little gun and will make a great shooter. While not a collector piece for the purist, it certainly will turn heads on the skeet field.

·
Registered
607 Posts
As I said, very very nice. I also modify them myself but the purist are out there and for sure will chime in. up for a very nice little shooter. Good luck, Tim

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
I am interested to see how this goes.I have a field grade,no rib,full choke.I was thinking of a blue job,rib and opening the choke to IC.I have $1300 in the gun.It is probably 80% condition.I can't think of any scenario where I would sell it.But if I did want to sell it,what would you experts say it would be worth after the work?The same,less,more?

Good luck with your sale.

Darr

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
I am interested to see how this goes.I have a field grade,no rib,full choke.I was thinking of a blue job,rib and opening the choke to IC.I have $1300 in the gun.It is probably 80% condition.I can't think of any scenario where I would sell it.But if I did want to sell it,what would you experts say it would be worth after the work?The same,less,more?

Good luck with your sale.

Darr

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
I can tell you. I have a Model 70 300 H & H made in 1939 I have had for 30+ years about 4 years ago I had it refinished & reblued. Why because I hunt with it & to protect it. I could care less about value, I plan to enjoy it and keep it in good condition. I just as soon as enjoy it as someone else will some day. Just reamber everything you have, will belong to someone else someday.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
I can tell you. I have a Model 70 300 H & H made in 1939 I have had for 30+ years about 4 years ago I had it refinished & reblued. Why because I hunt with it & to protect it. I could care less about value, I plan to enjoy it and keep it in good condition. I just as soon as enjoy it as someone else will some day. Just reamber everything you have, will belong to someone else someday.

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
I have 2 model 42's. One is a factory trap grade solid rib 3" full that is a knockout gun. I hunt with it. I enjoy it too much to hide in my safe. I know that I take a chance on loosing value every time I take it out and would be heartbroken if something happened to it, but I buy guns to use and enjoy as we don't know how long we will be able to. My other is a factory Skeet 2.5" chamber,28", skeet choke that is as nice that I like to shoot skeet and sporting with that one. I will leave it in the safe most of the time now since I have purchased a Browning 425 20 ga. and had tubed for 28 and 410. I reload and I do not like to pickup my hulls off of the ground. If I had the extra cash, I would love to buy this beauty to use as my bird gun. Bill Hom

·
Premium Member
1,535 Posts
I have 2 model 42's. One is a factory trap grade solid rib 3" full that is a knockout gun. I hunt with it. I enjoy it too much to hide in my safe. I know that I take a chance on loosing value every time I take it out and would be heartbroken if something happened to it, but I buy guns to use and enjoy as we don't know how long we will be able to. My other is a factory Skeet 2.5" chamber,28", skeet choke that is as nice that I like to shoot skeet and sporting with that one. I will leave it in the safe most of the time now since I have purchased a Browning 425 20 ga. and had tubed for 28 and 410. I reload and I do not like to pickup my hulls off of the ground. If I had the extra cash, I would love to buy this beauty to use as my bird gun. Bill Hom

·
Registered
850 Posts
The more I look at this 42 the more I like it, if I did not already have a M12 duck gun project going and a new deer rifle in the budget!

·
Registered
850 Posts
The more I look at this 42 the more I like it, if I did not already have a M12 duck gun project going and a new deer rifle in the budget!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.