Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SOLD--A very nice Winchester Model 1886 lever action for sale! Winchesters largest frame lever gun, this one is a lightweight takedown in .33 caliber. This was the forerunner of the Winchester Model 71 in .348. This gun has exc. mechanics and bore. No rust or pitting. A 24 inch tapered barrel, 1/2 magazine and shotgun style buttplate. Ammo is available from various sources. Serial # 1535xx. The gun is unaltered. Delivered to your dealer in the lower 48 for a reasonable $1750.

·
Registered
25,278 Posts
Nice.

Made in late 1914. Lightweight takedowns are not common.

Notice the wood appears to be 'proud' (raised above the metal). This is a good indicator the wood was never sanded down and refinished, though it may have been resealed.

I used to collect these as well as the 1885 Single Shots. Still have one 1886 project gun, plus a couple of Browning 1886 clones.

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
Up for a nice gun...the 33Win was highly underrated and I'm a firm fan of 33-35 cal rifles..the bullets used in the 33 work awesome in my favorite levergun..the 338 Marlin Express...If I had the funds this gun would be mine

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.