Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I talked with a guy who runs a trap range the other day, he told me he had the field mined 2 years ago buy a big named reclamation company.. he had 250k pounds of lead removed.. the company that mined the field sold the lead to winchester, they have a contract with them.. the company told him that they load all the dove loads and wal mart shells with the reclaimed shot.. not remelted but reclaimed.. he said if I doubted him to cut open some new cheap shells and measure the shot in them.. I dont doubt this.. have any of you ever heard of this?

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
I've cut the Winchester Universals, sold at WalMart,open to compare the shot with some other brands. Some of the best and consistent 7-1/2's I have seen and I'm not much for Winchester after their new AA hull. No reclaimed in the ones I have checked.

Ajax

·
Registered
1,648 Posts

Think the big Mart stores must specify the loads for those 4-pack boxes.

Federal, Remington, and Winchester all load them at 1200 fps with 1-1/8 ounce in both #7½ and #8.

·
Banned
8,351 Posts
I don't think any of the Premium shell makers would take a chance on ruining their reputation by loading reclaimed shot ... Shot that has been melted down and redropped maybe, but no way are they loading reclaim ... I do not believe it ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
I have to agree with WPT,I have cut them open & they all had nice new shot in them, can't say what the antimony % was because I have no way to check that. I also have a couple flats of Gun Clubs that are 2&3\4 DE- 1&1\8-#8s, I do shoot a few new shells for games & save empties for reloading. The Remmys load (for me) the best of all. Ross Puls

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Sounds like an excuse some doof would make to his buddies after a morning of "shooting" but not "hitting"..., "It wasn't my fault...these shells are junk...I heard they use recycled shot in them!".

MK

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.