Trapshooters Forum banner

Winchester elite Hulls?

2242 Views 8 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  EuroJoe
Has anyone had a chance to reload these hulls for basic 1-1/8 trap loads?
I have not seen any of these yet!

Are they straight wall or tapered case?
Are they Nickel plated brass or nickel plated steel?
Do they have the same stack height as regular AA's?
Do they last any longer than other Hulls?

I have reloaded some high brass Super-X hulls before in my MEC 650 Grabber. However my MEC collet does not resize the the full length of the brass on tall brass base hulls.
A Ponsness Warren or Spolar reloader would have the advantage of full length resizing or maybe harder to operate than regular base hulls?

Font Event Advertising Publication Logo
Automotive lighting Rectangle Gadget Font Audio equipment
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Premium Member
8,112 Posts
I have seen empty boxes in the trash barrels, but have not seen any empties on the ground. Next time I see a box, I will cast my eyes downward for a discarded hull, so I can see what they are like.

· Registered
15,243 Posts
Haven't seen hulls, boxes, or loaded shells at any of the stores I've been to, hell haven't even seen them available for purchase online anywhere since they were introduced.

They must have EXTREMELY low production numbers, I've seen 10ga buckshot and deer slugs on the shelf since they Elites were introduced, and those have to be SUPER low demand items.

· Registered
10,633 Posts
I bought a small quantity of these last year and shot them on long Sporting targets. They really crush a long bird with some choke.

I saved the brass and tried loading it. Loaded two and tossed them and the empties. Hull is a promo design, very soft and flimsy. Winchester says the hulls are not designed to reload. They are right.

· Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks for the reply's all!
I bought a small quantity of these last year and shot them on long Sporting targets. They really crush a long bird with some choke.

I saved the brass and tried loading it. Loaded two and tossed them and the empties. Hull is a promo design, very soft and flimsy. Winchester says the hulls are not designed to reload. They are right.
It would have been nice to get five or so reloads out of the hull's! That would make the price a little more appealing.
I'll probably still give them a try sometime if they become available...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.