Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone at our club has a Way-Back Machine and on their return trip in time brought these along with them. Several boxes of real compression formed one piece hull AA's and PERFECT boxes were in the buckets recently. I've read you can reload these same as current AA's.

Publication Font Material property Brand Advertising

·
Registered
501 Posts
I reload Once fired old style hulls exactly the same
as the HS hull. They reload really nice but some being 20+ years old they crack easily. My go to load is 17.5 Red Dot Win 209 with Windjammer Wad 1-/8 oz Shot. Great Singles and Doubles load. Good luck

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
I've got 4 big garbage bags full of the old handicap loads and another two of red ones. I haven't loaded a shell in probably 12 or so years except some back up loads. Think that might be getting ready to change.

·
Registered
5,725 Posts
Someone at our club has a Way-Back Machine and on their return trip in time brought these along with them. Several boxes of real compression formed one piece hull AA's and PERFECT boxes were in the buckets recently. I've read you can reload these same as current AA's.

View attachment 1804387
I found not quite a box worth of the silver Handicaps at the range last year, and got the rest last week at Annies, and had an older box to put them in, so I loaded them up with a 1200 FPS 1 1/8 load. It's as hot as I usually go for Annie loads.
I shot some of my 7/8 oz. loads for Annies last week, and was deadly with them as first and second shooter. Not as much third & fourth. :unsure:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Back in those "good ol' days, (late 60's, early 70's) reloading was so simple with these wonderful casings. 17.5 grs of Red Dot, the Winchester AA wad for 1 1/8 oz of #8 shot and a Winchester 209 primer, with assembly on a Model 700 Versamec (now obsolete) was just the ticket for Wednesday night and Saturday morning trap shooting. Reloading the newer AAHS casings has, for me taken some getting used to. Some loads, even following book specs will cause the casing's sidewalls to buckle. Using the AAHS casings can create even more frustration when setting up a load on a progressive press and progress appears to go sideways as the process begins. o_O

1 - 15 of 15 Posts