Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Despite a slight dip in earnings for 2015’s third quarter, Winchester Ammunition has a comfortable footing for the foreseeable future.

The company’s management reported a backlog in excess of $175 million at the end of Q3 during a conference call with investors Wednesday. The backlog is more than double what it was in September 2012, the year before a surge in gun and ammo sales.

“Consumer demand for pistol, shot shell, rifle, and rimfire ammunition were all strong in the third quarter,” said John Fischer, the president and chief operating officer for Olin Corporation, the parent company of Winchester.

READ ARTICLE

Winchester Ammunition has $175 million backlog at end of Q3

·
Registered
14,134 Posts
It would be interesting to know how many standing orders they are sitting on will actually be completed by the buyer, or if a lot of them will be canceled wherever legally possible (which I suspect) when the come due.

Centerfire rifle and handgun ammo for the most part just sits and sits here (shelves are stocked to capacity in every conceivable flavor of ever conceivable caliber), it is not moving and the stores aren't discounting it enough to get it out the door. They are selling some here and there, but the guys that want mass quantities bought pre-scare or during the scare, and are all set for years or decades to come. About the only thing moving in decent quantities is the Wolf steel cased stuff.

·
Registered
8,565 Posts
.22 shorts are really hard to find, some vendors have them priced sky high, some have them listed at decent prices until you add in shipping and handling, hardest item for me to find

·
Premium Member
3,174 Posts
I got mine, I am grateful that Winchester offers this. I shot Remington's for years but switched to AA's. AA reload great and with rebate it is a no brainer for me.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Well I finally got my rebate check.
8/31/2015 mailed in rebate request
10/2/2015 e-mail stating "It has been accepted. Please allow 4-6 weeks for processing"
11/19/2015 check in the mail
80 days in total

AArebate.jpg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts