Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received this today. Winchester starting an ammo rebate for select rifle ammo,no shotgun stuff - yet.
It does give hope that they will have a shotshell rebate later on. At least it is a ray of hope that things may get back to normal, but higher priced for sure. Hope this pans out. Computer Personal computer Laptop Netbook Peripheral

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
If you have gone to stores like Walmart lately I think they are really seeing the results of the crazy inflation, a couple I have regularly visited now have about 4 times the clearance isles and half the clothes sections are on clearance. Pretty typical when they don't move product

·
Premium Member
4,266 Posts
If you have gone to stores like Walmart lately I think they are really seeing the results of the crazy inflation, a couple I have regularly visited now have about 4 times the clearance isles and half the clothes sections are on clearance. Pretty typical when they don't move product
Rifle and pistol ammo really building up in places too.

·
Registered
14,979 Posts
Conversely (or maybe not) the inventory at the three thrift stores I went to today looking for a replacement desk chair was WAY down, 40-50% compared to the last time I was there 5 or 6 weeks ago. Guess people are not buying enough new stuff that they have to get rid of the old to make room.

·
Registered
6,482 Posts
retailers overbought when the pandemic started easing and people had money, those that had product made profits. Things have changed, retailers reported inventory building and not moving several months ago.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Some retailers ”panic-bought” back in 2008 and found themselves in an overstocked condition In late 2009 and early 2010. I doubt we will ever see primers again for $30/1000 but I believe they will come down from where they are now, once they are more readily available.

·
Registered
3,930 Posts
Hopefully it's a sign of normality,
I don't know about normalcy. I know people are feeling the pinch from inflation. Food, fuel, electric, heating oil, etc. That extra play money is being eaten up by cost of living. Prices will come down because demand will diminish. So will the jobs. That's the normal of 9% inflation.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I bet Rebates for target ammo will come in spring.
Not too many are bragging “I just scored 20 federal four packs at Walmart for $37.99 each plus tax” these days. Not too many buying AA at $130 or more a flat either.

As the demand slows down, gas comes down, and inventory builds, prices will adjust. Lots of brand names out there now in the shotgun ammo. I read an article that OLIN earnings are below expectations because of slagging demand.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts