Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,631 Posts
Rem. may have to do something as their prices (reloading components too) have made a lot of people go to (or try) import stuff. Around here (Atlanta) you see a lot of the import stuff-- Fed. promo stuff-- AAs---Win. promo stuff in trash, don't see many STSs hit the ground, and if and when they do they get scarfed up fast.

Even the "cheap" stuff is getting to the point where most of us really have to think--pick--choose, where and when, and the amount of shooting we can do. I know $$$$ have really curtailed my shooting.

Read somewhere that White Flyer has kept their price the same ( or lower) for the time being, for that we owe them a BIG thank you. Ross Puls

·
Premium Member
1,980 Posts
If it happens the program will start April 1st thru Aug. 31st. This is on their web site for 2014. The rebates can take as long as 90 days but finally you will get a check in the mail. Storeman

·
Registered
186 Posts
My guess is NO...Why would they? I beleive they already have gained market share and I will support thier products as they offered the rebate during a shortage. GL

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Myself and several friends bought quite a lot of them last year, don't know if any of us would do so again, rebate or not. The number of bloopers, hollow sounding, half strength loads we all have experienced is just not acceptable, IMO. One of my friends had two flats of light 8s and would consistently get two or three bloopers from every box! I'll pay more for Federal or Remington when I want new shells for handicap events. I'll use my reloads for everything else.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I used 3X7.5 AA's for handicap last year @ 24 yards. The shells all worked perfectly and I ended up with my best handicap average ever. Earned another yard at the last shoot with a 97. I'll buy AA's again for 25 yard handicap this year. Dave Stearns

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hey John,
"Myself and several friends bought quite a lot of them last year, don't know if any of us would do so again, rebate or not. The number of bloopers, hollow sounding, half strength loads we all have experienced is just not acceptable, IMO. One of my friends had two flats of light 8s and would consistently get two or three bloopers from every box!..."

Wow!, That is really interesting and concerning. I've bought several flats without an issue.
Vic

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Vic,
The greatest amount of off sounding and/or blooper shells came from the light 8 and 7.5 AAs. Had some in the 3dr shells but almost none in the Super Hdcps. No explanation for it and we've been using them continuously since mid July. Be glad when they're all gone! Hope you all have better luck with them than we have.

·
Registered
85 Posts
J55, why wouldn't you contact Winchester to report this? I'm sure they would make it right with you. Plus, then they would have valuable feedback on their product and manufacturing errors.

·
Registered
13,623 Posts
My friend also had issues with the AA Light 8s (the ones with Kim Rhode on the box). Maybe 4-5 hollow sounding shells per flat.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Over the past 40 years, I have shot tens of thousands of AAs including over 30 flats in the past three years. These included 1 oz. 8s and 7 1/2s and 1 1/8 oz. light 8s and 7 1/2s. I have never experienced one failure of any type with AAs. Great shells that break targets when I do my part. And the empties are very good for reloading.

·
Registered
15,944 Posts
Used 20 flats of the Exra-Lite 1oz 1180 fps 7.5 last year. No problems.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
kbud,
One of the guys did during the Grand. They told him they hadn't heard of a single problem until he mentioned it! I kinda think that was some BS as there are many folks in my area that have had bad ones. They are what they are, if you like 'em then buy them but I'll pass this time around. Much rather load STSs anyway.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I recently bought 10 flats of AA 1 oz. 8s from a dealer who brought them back from this year's Grand. I've had a blooper or two in almost every box. I also bought some AA 1 oz. 7.5s that the dealer brought back from the Grand, and I've had no problem with them. I've always shot AAs because I think they are a softer recoiling shell, but with my recent experience, I don't trust them, and I'm thinking of going to STSs. I thought of giving Winchester a call, but I don't known who to contact, or how to get ahold of them.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts