Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friend of mine tells me thathe has a Winchester 300. He says the barrel has external threads and his son somehow lost the chokes. He said he bought the gun new and it came with a mod and full.The only thing I can find is an adjustable. Talked with corsons and they have never seen anything but the adjustable. Any Help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jeff

·
Registered
7,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No , not 1300, thats a pump. This is an auto and I have never seen one either,its not in the blue book but corsons lists it. This gun has external threads. I am waiting to get the gun in my hands. Jeff

·
Registered
13,624 Posts
The only 300 Google finds is a Sears/Ted Williams 300, which is identical to the 1400 (just a store brand version), which will also take win-chokes.

It also falls under the heading of, "Winchester Shotgun Barrels Model 1400, 1500, 140, 300, 12ga Auto", which makes sense since all these barrels would be interchangeable with one another.

By "adjustable" they probably mean poly-choke.

I'll bet it either has win-chokes, or it has a poly-choke that is missing parts.

·
Registered
7,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was going by what the man told me and the external thread part was throwing the wrench.It is a 1400 and what he was talking about was knurling on the choke tube. It has winchokes. Jeff

·
Registered
13,624 Posts
Glad I could help. If he wants/needs an extended OEM Win-Choke in skeet constriction, I have a brand new one. $20 shipped.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Yes, it's a model 300 Sears auto made by Winchester. I have the Sears model 200 which is the same as the model 1200 made by Winchester. My 200 has a poly choke style choke system on it. If he can see the threads, he has lost the outside screw tightening tube for the system.

Good luck,

Ajax

·
Registered
7,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Based on what my buddy told me I looked everything up on the net and new what was out there before I posted. I even called and talked to Mr.Corson at Corsons barrels. On the off chance there was something one off or experimental . I askedhere. Turned out its a 1400 with Winchokes and I sent him to Gander mountin where he got what he needed. Thanks, Jeff

1 - 9 of 9 Posts