Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In case you were lucky enough to actually find some of Winchesters M 22 LR ammo, be aware that there is a recall because of some of it getting a double charge of powder.

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
Excuse my ignorance, but my question is, how much room inside the case of a HV .22LR can accommodate extra powder?

The reason I ask this because I know CCI has to use a longer case with shorter bullet to increase powder charge in their Stinger. Seems there's not enough room to double charge a HV .22LR.

Assuming there's enough room to take a double charge, what's the chamber pressure range of a "double" charged .22LR?

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
Are you kidding? The gougers will simply drop the price and suckers will buy them without question.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Glad none of my .22 Firearms are Krieghoff. :)

I shot 2 cases of the M22 and had no problems. I don't recall any odd sounding rounds that would have me believe they were overloaded.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I have 3500 rounds of that ammunition and none of the #'s look like anything listed so I guess I am safe?? The numbers were listed on the left flap but I could only find 3 sets of numbers on the bottom flap.

Edit: I went to the Winchester site and looked up this recall and it is a little clearer as to where to look for the lot #. I was looking in the wrong place. I am safe as mine are 30L & 62L lots. Thanks for posting this as I would have never have looked on the Winchester site for ammunition recalls.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts