Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Those must be the "commie red edition" 209s. Okay sarcasm aside in my 60k winchesters never seen that.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Well I used to make fun of the French, but after this weekend seeing their covid protest I might start buying their primers.

Reactions: PaulCISSA

·
Premium Member
834 Posts
I’d go with the one in the middle.... That’s how I pronounce it but I’m sure it’s not right. I pronounced my SAKO rifle like the watch company and get heads shaken at me... Apparently it’s Sock-O
I’ve been humiliated over the same issue. As explained to me, the Finns pronunciation is “Sah-ko”. I’m American and I pronounce it in American English. Call the language police. :sneaky:

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Did you recently purchase these? Also from whom did you purchase.
I am not able to tell where they came from other than I know I bought them from a dealer. I am into my inventory very deep so I could have purchased these a few years ago. I had a shooting friend that passed a few years ago and when he purchased reloading components he would mark everything with the purchase price and where he bought it. Now I know why he did that.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Shed-ite, but it really dont matter. Cant insult a primer. Like shampain, the bubbly stuff. And a mixed box of primers. May happen? if boxes are on shelf not behind counter?. Win and Cheddites acidentally dumped on floor? Like peeps gotta open up the frozen TV dinner box to actually see what's inside at the store. I've bought boxes of shells either missing 2-5 rounds or had moose and squirrel loads mixed in with target or hunting loads at local farm and barn store. An' make sure the powder bottle is sealed and from behind the counter. "HEARD??" about 4831 with red dots in it. Watch powder, "heard" of an incident where 1 bottle maybe completely filled(the one that was bought?) and a partially full bottle left on shelf. Unless they poured it in a baggie?. Anyhoo, they look like Cheddite primers, should be ok as long as it's not max pressure load. I write dates on primer boxes and powder bottles when I get them. Still using mid 1980's stuff plus cci 157 and Alcan max fires. All still good, win 540, 571 473 too. Best to you all.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts