Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found one of these at a local gunshop for $2000 brand new:
Model 101 Pigeon Trap, Over Under Shotgun -- Winchester Repeating Arms -- Product Model

The XTs are t00 heavy and I am not a Beretta fan. Really tired of picking up hulls with my 1100 comp and want an over under. I would use for trap and sporting clays, seems like it would be a flat shooter with the low rib, which is what I prefer, anyone have any experience with the Belgium 101s? Thank you, Joe

·
Registered
554 Posts
A guy @ our club shoots one of those, they are a fairly light trap gun though. It's a fixed full over imp. Mod. He likes it & does well with it; I've never shot it personally but it looks like a nice shooting gun. Low but wide ribs on them as well.

-ithaca

·
Registered
360 Posts
If you decide to purchase the 101, keep an eye on the forearm adjustment. When it gets too loose, it'll crack the wood. There is a small socket head cap screw that sits against the barrel lug.
I beleive it was a 3mm Allen key that I needed to adjust it.
If it were me, I would get an XT instead or even a crossover target if money is an issue.
In my case, I own a fnh sc1 which is basically a 101 sporting model with laminate wood. If I could do it again, I would buy another crossover target and use the $300 leftover for ammo.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I had a 101 Pigeon for a very short time and the recoil was "intense":eek:. The $2K price does seem high to me but I am not up on the collector value of a NIB.
I purchased mine in 1997 LNIB for $750.

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
I've shot many different styles of 101s thru the years and their reputation for felt recoil is well deserved. You can do better with the 2000.00.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I had a 101 Pigeon for a very short time and the recoil was "intense":eek:. The $2K price does seem high to me but I am not up on the collector value of a NIB.
I purchased mine in 1997 LNIB for $750.
You must be talking about the old 101's not the new "beretta" style lockup 101's that are made in Belgium. The new 101's have ported barrels and invector plus chokes. I know for sure that the old 101's were kickers

·
Registered
7,287 Posts
My old style 101 skeet ain't bad to shoot with a Pachmyr Triple Magnum pad on it. Wish it had a MC trap stock though. The skeet stock is waaaay too low.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 101 Pigeon Trap w/ adjustable comb. Really liking it. Even though it is pretty light, recoil is not an issue at all. Thought about adding some weight to it, but everything I hear is, if it is not kicking the tar out of you, leave it alone and shoot it. So that is what I am doing until I get a better feel for what I need.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts