Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I

Last night my daughter's 101 un-single broke the ejector hammer,

I checked at nu-line, midwest, numrich and even ebay it's either out of stock on not listed,

any other ideas where I might look,

Thanks,
Scott

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also, any ideas what would have caused this ??
just age and to many cycles or did we abuse it in some way to weaken it ?

·
Registered
Winchester Diamond Grade Trap Combo , Browning 725 Pro Trap
144 Posts
View attachment 1759979

I

I checked at nu-line, midwest, numrich and even ebay it's either out of stock on not listed,

Thanks,
Scott
View attachment 1759979

I

Thanks,
Scott
I had same issue with my 101 got the ejector hammer from MGW a long time ago. After that I cut two coils from each spring,problem solved. Where to get one, your looking in the right places. Try having it welded then cut two coils off the springs.

·
Registered
Perazzi TM1/Browning Citori XT
693 Posts
A gunsmith friend of mine suggested to me over 20 years ago removing the ejector springs in my 101 as he said way back then parts for them were getting scarce and the hammers had a tendency to snap with lots of use. I never did and never broke one. After 37 years with the gun I sold it last year and it was still working fine but seeing this made me realize how maybe I was lucky all these years not to have to replace any parts on it. If Midwest doesn't have them I don't know who would? You could try Western Gun Parts in Edmonton, Alberta. They often have new parts for 101's from old inventory in stock.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I had this guy weld a broken ejector for a shotgun which was unobtainable. He was reasonable and was recommended by Dean Harris of Skeets Gun Shop. Dean did the filing and fitting for me when i got it back.

·
Premium Member
13,569 Posts

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Any gunsmith worth the title can manufacture one. Not a cheap venture, but one I would only endure once before sending the mediocre 101 to another home. Much better target shotguns available that won't put you through this adventure (hint: K, K, P and a few SBT's like L, B, and A). Good Luck.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I have had this happen on a couple of my 101's. Replaced them with ones from midwest and Nu line years ago. The info about removing a couple coils from springs do help. It's a weak area where they break.
I've just removed all of these and the trip rods from inside the receiver also. It only extraction now. They never did really throw them far to begin with. Yes there are better more expensive guns out there but the joy of beating those guys with a 101 is priceless!

Jason in PA

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thank you for the replies,

I'll be taking it to Phillip's when he returns from the Grand,

1 - 20 of 24 Posts