Trapshooters Forum banner

Win Super X1

1477 Views 13 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  rreinholt
Hello. I would like to change recoil spring in my old Super X. I just cannot figure out how it is done. It is not like Rems for sure.
Any help or advice is appreciated.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
Look around on the web for instructions. Personally, I'd remove the bbl and the bolt. Remove the stock and drill a small hole through the spring tube to allow a small nail to be used as a retainer for both removing and reinstall the spring. Also, I'd replace the spring follower and the shock buffer while I'm at it.

Registered
Oh, and here I thought I was going to win a Super X1.馃ぃ....I have a Remington model 11, sorry.
Hello. I would like to change recoil spring in my old Super X. I just cannot figure out how it is done. It is not like Rems for sure.
Any help or advice is appreciated.
I wouldn鈥檛 drill any holes like the guy is talking about. This is a simple process.
I would recommend that you also replace the bolt buffer at the same time.
You can acquire all the parts that you need from Nuline
Good luck. I wish I would of kept mine. One of these days I might find another one. Great gun.

Registered
Red,
Just did mine recently. It comes out into the receiver after the retaining pin is punched out. Stock has to be removed to access the pin. Start pushing in the spring and retain it with a punch through the pin hole. On mine the tube was slotted so I could push the spring down in the slot and repeat. Went pretty easy that way. Dale

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Red,
Just did mine recently. It comes out into the receiver after the retaining pin is punched out. Stock has to be removed to access the pin. Start pushing in the spring and retain it with a punch through the pin hole. On mine the tube was slotted so I could push the spring down in the slot and repeat. Went pretty easy that way. Dale
That is what I am looking at. So it actually come out through the receiver, If I am understanding correctly.

Registered
Got to love the Super X. In my youth learning skeet I started with a Rem 1100, great gun but kept replacing parts. Guy let me shoot his Super X and fell in love. Shot my first 100 strait in Trap with one and then let several other try it to also shoot their first 100 strait. I own 3 of them and original, skeet gun, is my fall back for the last 40 years. I have many higher dollar OU's and single barrels but there is something about a Super X that just feels right. Shout out to Nuline for keeping them running all these years. Wish they would bring back the stainless magazine tube as I did not upgrade one of mine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.