Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an old Win Mod 12 that has a solid rib. I would like to restore this gun to look as good as possible. It needs bluing and stock finishing there is also a few dings on the receiver. This gun was my dad's and it has some sentimental value to me.
Could some of you give me your recommendation of who might be able to handle this job?
Thanks, John

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have an old Win Mod 12 that has a solid rib. I would like to restore this gun to look as good as possible. It needs bluing and stock finishing there is also a few dings on the receiver. This gun was my dad's and it has some sentimental value to me.
Could some of you give me your recommendation of who might be able to handle this job?
Thanks, John

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, John

·
Registered
88 Posts
I best place for resotration of model 12's, 21, foxes, LC Smiths, is Central Maine Gun Works. They purchased the entire inventory, equipment, parts etc of Andy's custom Shop. You can reach them by calling 315-363-7041 and speak with Henry or Gary. Tell them that the person who sold them Andy Gun Works refered you.

They have done alot of work on my model 12 and 21's. Excellent!!!! and most importantly honest and reasonalble.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Need restoration also....Recently purchased a used Y Modl trap, receiver has freckling, ...plan is to send it to Simmons. Newly purchased older 2 pin trap that has a lot of blue wear, and the serial #s on the barrel are worn, otherwise mechanically very good.....I want it blued, and the numbers "raised", is that possible? Also looking to Simmons for this....any suggestions that I should go elsewhere...Thanks WC

·
Registered
95 Posts
My older brother had out father's Ithaca Model 37 restored. Looks brand new, like it has never been fired. Kind of destroyed the sentimental value for me. All of the bluing that was worn off and the dings that were in the stock that our father had done are now gone. Can't see a single thing that it is left of how our father used it. My brother has the gun, I never look at it, I prefer to remember it the way it was.

Larry Hancock

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
"This gun was my dad's and it has some sentimental value to me." Once it has been "restored", the sentimental value will be gone forever! Cherish it as it is and remember your dad. JMHO

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
There are plenty of smiths that are more than capable of doing the work..many listed here that have GREAT repetitions for there craft. When it comes too Refinishing....Simmons is who I use....As ,that's what they do..as close to Factory Finish as EPA allows. Just took delivery of solid rib gun...Looks as New and very reasonable pricing and turn around. Shoot well ...shoot often !!

·
Vendor
7,105 Posts
simmons usually take 4-6 months--- and when you give it to them DONT CALL to see when its done!!! they make a point to say--THEY will call you, as they need paid just as bad as you want the gun back!!!!--but worth the wait!!-- wrights do a nice job as well, and reasonably pxd--i have had 20ga @ wrights for 3 months!

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Maybe...I was just LUCKY ..on the last one. Was told 4-6 weeks and had it in 5 weeks. Was just in for Blue finish, did however have one much longer..but that was last year and it needed alot of work. Good luck on your Choice.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.