Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will close and dry fire but most of the time with shell in it won’t or you really have to slam it shut.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
With shell in the bolt doesn’t seem to be going forward enough to allow trigger to work. When you pull the trigger there is no action st all. It does not let the hammer go to hit the firing pin reloads work in all other guns with no issues. Browning,Remington and another model 12.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Will close and dry fire but most of the time with shell in it won’t or you really have to slam it shut.
I would say it is ammo related. If your gun has minimum headspace or the breech bolt cut in the receiver is full of burned powder crud it won't allow the bolt to lock up where it is designed to therefore causing tight headspace. Slamming it shut is hard on other components of the gun. Keep the receiver cut and back end of the bolt clean. The crud sets up and is hard to remove. You may have to keep it wet with powder solvent to remove.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I assume they have not been resized?
Reloads have been not the empties. Will try new aa shells next time at the range. Don’t think my neighbors would appreciate me trying them in my back yard. City people have no sense of humor

·
Registered
540 Posts
Reloads have been not the empties. Will try new aa shells next time at the range. Don’t think my neighbors would appreciate me trying them in my back yard. City people have no sense of humor
I would guess if you clean the areas I mentioned and shoot good brass headed ammo (Rem STS, Rem Nitro 27 or Winchester AA's your problem will probably go away. I do not like those steel headed SOB's but shoot them in my Perazzi TM9X without a problem. My Winchester Model 21's hates the steel headed shells especially if they are the high brass (misnomer today) shells. The ejectors just won't kick them out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts