Trapshooters Forum banner

Win m42

2418 6
I have a m42 that's in the shop to be repaired. Made in 1937 it has a 28" barrel with a solid Matt rib. I have a triple A fancy walnut butt stock on it now but have the original . My question is if I had the receiver engraved by a well known engraver would it kill the value of the gun? Any opinions? Thanks to all in advance....Dan.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3,671 Posts
If it is all orig,I'd keep it that way---If it has been refinished in any way then go do anything you want---With good engraving on one that has already been worked on the the value should go up but not to a collector---JMO---SJB

· Banned
3,881 Posts
Because of the solid rib, which is rare(relatively speaking), leave it in its original condition. Then, hunt around for a fence post, buy it cheap, have Glenrock Blue prep it for bluing, send it to Pauline and have her put a 42-5 on it, blue it, mount the wood and then stand back and behold a thing of beauty. Of course, the solid rib gun will still be worth more money. No matter how you cut it, you're a lucky devil to have that solid rib gun.

Kit

· Registered
613 Posts
Good engraving (with gold figures) will increase the value alot. It may not be as good a value as a pristene original gun. From a collectors point, original, original, original.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.