Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local store had 12 boxes – a mix of 7 1/2s and 8s. All 1 1/8-ounce.

It's still within the AA rebate timeframe, so by the time it's all said and done I'll have gotten those 12 boxes for $3 each and I'll have all the hulls to reload. Best deal on ammo I've gotten in a long time.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Just for conversation. One week before the Winchester AA rebate started. Even if it was within the rebate dates I don't think I would have the heart to use the rebate. But when returning from a day of shooting, I always stop at 4 different Walmart s to check their inventory of shot shells. I was going to skip the third stop, and thank God I didn't. I stopped and I looked on the shelf's that normally has all their shot shells and it was completely empty and relocated. Shot shells were scattered everywhere. So I meticulously looked for hidden deals or closeouts. I looked in the rifle/handgun glass case which I normally don't and to my surprise I found AAHS, 8s, 1300fps, 410s that were tagged $5.00 each. Normally there's nothing but hunting/rifle/pistol ammo in the glass case. So I went and found an associate and asked if that was a missed stock, mislabeled or was that the correct price. So he tried to open the case and found the key was broken in the lock. I was biting my finger nails. The associate went and got the sporting goods manager and none of them could get the case opened. I ask them if they would hold all the boxes of ammo for me until they got the case opened. They said they couldn't do that, so I ask for the store manager. He tried to find the duplicate key, but that was lost. While five managers and the store manager were talking, another manager successfully got the case open. They pulled out 18 hidden boxes out of that little space of the AAHS, 8s, 1300fps, 410s. I ask him to scan the box to make sure what the cost was and behold they were selling these @ $5.00 each. Needless to say I bought all 18 boxes then ask if they had anymore in the back, they didn't. I also ask them if that price was good if I ordered 10 cases. The store manager said no, but he did say if they were in store stock right now he would honor that price. So to conclude, never hurts to look every time you pass by, this was a one day closeout experience.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Wish I had known about this earlier. I'm reloading AA's and would have purchased some new just to have at that price. I'll keep a better watch for next time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts