Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
None of the AAHS hulls I have include the internal basewad found in the 12 and 20 ga. versions. But, the pic on the Winchester website shows an internal view of the 28 ga. HS hull that includes the basewad.

When did this change occur?

Will it have an impact on reloading data?

Will it require a different wad?

Will it require a loader adjustment?

Is there a way to easily differentiate between the old and the new?

AA288 | Winchester Ammunition

·
Registered
254 Posts
You made me look.
Mine don't look like the graphic on the Winchester website either.
There's an internal lip about 1/16" below the brass and the internal base is about 1/16" below that.
The powder charge fills the hull past the lip so the wad never gets inserted that far.
Maybe a graphic artist exaggerated the internal construction of the hull.

Reactions: mg1polo

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Advertising and engineering are separate departments. The graphics and photos for many products are often generic graphics and photos and aren't what the actual product actually looks like.

·
Premium Member
5,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Advertising and engineering are separate departments. The graphics and photos for many products are often generic graphics and photos and aren't what the actual product actually looks like.
The current pic is different than what they used to have on there. The previous pic looked like the hulls I have. The current and previous pix of the .410 load is consistent with the hulls I have. I guess we will have to wait for the rebates to start and the curfew to end before people start shooting them and we can get a look-see whats down in there. If the pic is accurate and they did make a change, I'm thinking the blue PC wads from Downrange will suddenly become popular again.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
The Winchester website still only shows one 28 gauge wad. So you are right we will have to wait and shoot some current production ammo to see if there is a change in the hull and in the components.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts