Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SOLD--Well it's not a trapgun, but it's a pretty cool rifle. This 1885 Winchester Winder Musket is in extra nice factory condition and chambered for in the less common .22 Short. Serial # 1309xx. 28 inch barrel and factory peep sight. Exc mechanics and bore. It's a delightful low noise plinker and fine collectible. Add it to your collection for a very reasonable $1250 delivered in the lower 48.

·
Registered
25,277 Posts
That's a fine looking Winder Musket, at a very reasonable price. Alas, it's out of my budget range. Wish I had come across it when I was buying up as many 1885's as I could get my hands on.

Serial number 1309xx was made sometime after 1920. The exact date is not known, because the last year for a positive beginning s/n was 1920 at s/n 115,170. It is known that serial numbers eventually reached 139,700, but there are large gaps between 115,700 and that number.

Most Winder Muskets were chambered for .22 Long, with .22 Short being first chambered in 1914. The Winder Musket is technically a third-model musket. (I have a second-model musket, a high wall in .22 Short.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.