Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much fitting is typically required to put a top single barrel from a Diamond Grade Trap onto a different receiver such as a Pigeon Grade?

Will the fore end wood from the Pigeon work with the single barrel?

·
Registered
209 Posts
It depends on what vintage the Pigeon Grade is........the barrel shoulders are cut different on the older Pigeons....hence the foreend iron is different and the later DG barrel will not accept the Pigeon FE. Late production Pigeons are the same. As to interchangeability.......my top single will accept my unsingles barrel but the unsingle will not fit my O/U's reciever....O/U tubes won't fit either singles ....it's a roll of the dice.

KEEP SMOKIN' EM.... Dave

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
In firearms terms, the headspace is the distance measured from the part of the chamber that stops forward motion of the cartridge (the datum line) to the face of the bolt or breech.

Jim

·
Registered
240 Posts
Jim101, And that can be off on a shotgun as well right? Requiring fitting? I had checked into getting a additional barrel for my top single gun and I was told that it may need some fitting or headspace work.
Slugger, I see what your saying, I always thought that as well until I started looking into having a barrel fitted to my action, unless the person I got my info from is way off topic? I suppose maybe he was just speaking of a secure lock up, but he mentioned the head space.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.