Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Williams County Club held a memorial shoot for one of their longtime members who suddenly passed away this fall, Bob Brandt.
What a great place to shoot. The crew that runs that club are top shelf. The Heislers and the rest of the crew always put on an enjoyable shoot. I would drive by a shoot closer to my house to go to Williams County.
They have some well attended calcuttas later on this winter.
Thank you to the Williams County Club for doing such a good job year in and year out.

Tim Miller

·
Registered
14,673 Posts
First class place, and people. Their volunteers are awesome. Bob Brandt was one of them and a great guy. It just doesn't seem the same without Bob.

·
Registered
554 Posts
18 squads today, and Bob's 3 sons and grandsons all took the line in his honor and memory. Top gun, whose name will be the first on the Bob Brandt Memorial trophy was very fitting- Bob's brother Ric.

A great day honoring a great man.

Joe

·
Registered
7,357 Posts
It just shows the respect that Bob had amongst his fellow shooter by the numbers that came out on a bitterly cold day.

Miss you Bob.

Don

·
Registered
554 Posts
Bob won the shootout for the Henry rifle at the youth steak fry and raffle in August. He was a huge supporter of the youth program and the member a gun club can only hope for.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Congrats Ric!!!

Very fitting indeed. Bob was a wonderful man, and I miss him too.

Williams Co. club is first class, great people, very nice grounds, every inch of the place is what a great gun club looks like.

Matt Nicol

·
Registered
303 Posts
I wish I could have made it for the shoot as well. I miss a lot of my OH shooting friends and Bob was one of them. He used to joke about having fans in the trap houses to make the targets erratic, and it sounds like they were running for this shoot. Great shooting Ric!

I am looking forward to shooting on Black Friday at Williams County!

The weather forecast says it may break the freezing mark!

Rob

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
I also missed the Bob Brandt shoot, I hadn't heard it was to happen, missed on my part probably. I met Bob on a refferal,, to perfect my 9000G married to an Automate. Talked with Bob he thought he could help. I took him all the "stuff" he turned it into a well oiled machine. As he explained what he had done to it, it was if we had been friends all our lives. Rest In Peace.
Miss you Bob,
DaveB

·
Registered
715 Posts
Dave, sorry you didn't know about shoot...I know you enjoyed meeting Bob. Bob was very good on Mec reloaders and had a special gift to make them run smooooooth!

Sara, no dates on calcutta yet. We will be sure to post on this site when we get something scheduled-thanks for asking.

To all who attended-it was a great day. While the weather was a little cold and breezy, we had a well attended shoot for Bob. Bob's brother Ric was a perfect winner-most all of us that knew Bob well were very pleased with Ric's hard fought trophy win.

Thanks to everyone for making this a special day. Roger

·
Registered
715 Posts
Dave, the gun club has installed new cabinets and countertops in MJ's sign up office. This room is going to be dedicated as a memorial and known as the Bob Brandt room! Ric Brandt and Bob's very close friend, John Legg, installed the cabinets etc. This is a very fitting memorial - if you ever viewed Bob's reloading area everything was organized, in cabinets and in its place!

On another topic, Williams co is hosting their annual Black Friday ATA shoot tomorow. Be sure to check out the Black Friday deals! See ya there, Roger

1 - 12 of 12 Posts