Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With Covid and shutdowns last year. We didn't shoot as much here in PA as I would have liked. I think I registered 1100 singles 1200 hdcp and 600dbls in the 2020 target year. Planing on shooting a majority of ATA shoots at the PSSA this year. Hopefully ammo and components start to come around.

Jason in PA

· Registered
1,851 Posts
I think we all will - the question is how will 2021 compare to 2019? You have pointed out the ammo problem. There is also the border problem, rising gasoline prices and rona restrictions that are still in place. I believe that the bigger clubs will be able to get ammo, and will keep prices reasonable. Don't know about the rest.

K

· Registered
1,075 Posts
I haven't shot any registered ATA targets in three years. I did shoot some PITA targets in 2019.

Registerd shooting just got to be more work than it was fun. I shoot our league on Thursday nights when it's in season, 50 targets, and probably practice once a week. Every now and then I'll attend a special event to see my friends.

I did however shoot over 4000 targets when everything was counted in 2020. The previous year was about twice that.

I saw where Fauci said anyone who wanted the virus vaccine could get their shot by the end of April, so I'd expect shooting events to pick up by summer.

· Registered
3,174 Posts
Planning on it, but the ammo situation will dictate some of it.
I have enough to get through to mid summer if shooting goes back to normal, If I can't find ammo by April it will cause me to rethink the big shoots later in the year.

· Premium Member
30,370 Posts
The Biden bunch is contemplating internal travel restrictions. Specifically isolating Florida.

My whole life I was told that absolute freedom of travel was what made the USA and that any sort of restriction couldn’t happen here. Anything else smacks of the Soviet Union internal passport and the communist Chinese travel permit to leave ones local area.

· Registered
1,122 Posts
With our youth season canceled last year I was able to shoot more than I usually do. Arkansas never shut down so my club stayed open. This year our team is shooting again so with my Saturdays between now and the middle June being taken up with coaching I doubt I will get to do as much.

· Registered
2,621 Posts
The 2020 ATA season ended at the end of August. I found the Spring of 2020 to be a problem with lots of clubs shuttered due to Covid - not even open for practice. But once the season finally got started, everything fell into place and I shot a lot. We even had a Grand American - not that many of you actually know about that. There is no way to predict what will happen now. They are going to shoot in Arizona and Florida plans to shoot as well in March. What will happen later is anyone's guess.

· Registered
90 Posts
For me I don't shoot alot of registered targets, but last year I shot as many or more than any other year. I primarily shot at Mason Michigan (best place to shoot ) with that being shutdown last year I went to several other smaller clubs throughout Michigan and Indiana. Meet alot of great people & discovered some clubs I'm definitely go back to & some I'm not. Hopefully someday we will get back to normal.

· Registered
3,369 Posts
With our youth season canceled last year I was able to shoot more than I usually do. Arkansas never shut down so my club stayed open. This year our team is shooting again so with my Saturdays between now and the middle June being taken up with coaching I doubt I will get to do as much.
I know it cuts into your shooting but thanks for what you do for the kids! They'll never forget your help.

· Registered
112 Posts
I plan to shoot my first registered targets since 1976 sometime this spring. The ATA staff was successful in retrieving my old ATA number but my past scores did not survive the test of time. I’m starting over with a clean slate (I probably had less than 500 registered targets from the previous century).

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.