Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I will be shooting on separate squads on occasion. Some of the banks will be far apart. She will have the golf cart and I will be hoofing it. Does anyone know if there will be some form of transportation between the banks? Thanks,
JEB

·
Premium Member
4,715 Posts
I doubt it . The MTA did away with the tractor pulled wagons years ago ....Sorry.

Reactions: JEB

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Might have to go old school like back to the days when families only had one car...
someone will have to be dropped off and picked up. If on different squads timing might allow you to share a cart.
That’s why I’m calling this the “Retro Grand”

·
Premium Member
1,681 Posts
You know, if they would allow it a person could run a shuttle of sorts. I would enjoy doing that if I could go.

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
İ understand there will be no place to park except at the far end of the shooting line, and not much there either. I don't know why they can't have a wagon going up and down the shooting line like they did at Vandalia years ago.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
İ understand there will be no place to park except at the far end of the shooting line, and not much there either. I don't know why they can't have a wagon going up and down the shooting line like they did at Vandalia years ago.
If I had to guess I'd say insurance plays a big part. That and I haven't seen any of the wagons they used at the fall shoot for years. I remember walking up on a crowd at the grand at vandalia. A gentleman was sitting on the ground with his hand wrapped up. He was boarding one of the trams, grabbed the framework to steady himself when another tram got to close, hit where his hand was and took his finger off. Something like that or falling getting on or off and it wouldnt take long for insurance company to call it quits.

·
Registered
183 Posts
While the spaces will be taken early there WILL be other parking besides each end. The area behind the club house will be mostly reserved parking for handicap and office personnel. There will be limited parking behind the vendor area between the club house and the maintenance building. The vendor area east of the maintenance building will have more parking with a wide open area to the east of there. There is a large open area to the west of the vendor building down to the pavilion (shell house) where the food court and beer garden will be. Everyone that has a trailer for their cart will be asked to park it at the far ends of the complex to make spaces for vehicle parking. PLEASE do not park in front of a RV space or where there are signs and or orange fence. We are doing our best to accommodate as many people as possible with the area that we have available.

Steve R

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Thanks Steve! Accurate info beats speculation hands down!
In Sparta many shooters would park close to their trap, shoot then leave to make room for the next shooter. Let’s hope that happens at MTA where spaces are available close to the line.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
If I had to guess I'd say insurance plays a big part. That and I haven't seen any of the wagons they used at the fall shoot for years. I remember walking up on a crowd at the grand at vandalia. A gentleman was sitting on the ground with his hand wrapped up. He was boarding one of the trams, grabbed the framework to steady himself when another tram got to close, hit where his hand was and took his finger off. Something like that or falling getting on or off and it wouldnt take long for insurance company to call it quits.
Thank a lawyer, it's not the club who I am sure would like to provide the best possible experience . Injuries are why you have insurance to begin with???

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I shoot with both my wife and son. To begin with, we try very hard to squad nearby each other. We rent a cart, but if necessary, someone gets dropped off while the other goes to shoot and we meet up as soon as possible. It's that, or rent two carts.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Thank a lawyer, it's not the club who I am sure would like to provide the best possible experience . Injuries are why you have insurance to begin with???
Nowhere did i suggest the clubs were to blame.. Lawyers sure don't help, but how many times have you heard someone say they'd pay for a ding in their car or not turn something in because of higher rates or cancelation? Insurance companies have us just where they want us, you have to buy it or be ruined and God forbid you have to turn in a claim. As far as I'm concerned you can lump lawyers and insurance companies in the same pot! The club is blameless for most situations as their in between a rock and a hard spot.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I might hire out as a sherpa. It could save you a lot of walking, as long as you don't mind travelling piggy back. I'd probably have a better chance at making a little money that way than by shooting.

·
Registered
14,885 Posts
Dumb question (I'm good at it)...If you drive up to shoot for a couple days, will there be parking and can a "drive in" squad and shoot? I realize I'd have to fill in or wait a few hours, but can a drive in actually shoot?

·
Premium Member
4,715 Posts
Dumb question (I'm good at it)...If you drive up to shoot for a couple days, will there be parking and can a "drive in" squad and shoot? I realize I'd have to fill in or wait a few hours, but can a drive in actually shoot?
Yes you can .

·
Registered
7,379 Posts
Jk80 , maybe you should go back to insurance expert school. They would only pay if the insured was negligent or if they had to defend the insured against some BS suit brought by a shyster lawyer. Check your TV ads. Your response is typically one of the unknowing. I guess they pay millions out to make believe people, sorry you didn't get yours.

Don

1 - 20 of 25 Posts