Trapshooters Forum banner

Will the Cost of Shooting Go Up?

2K views 18 replies 18 participants last post by  broadway john 
#1 ·
What are your thoughts with clubs and commercial facilities being shut down and their expenses keep mounting up.

#3 ·
Everything is going to increase. Some will demand a pro-rated membership. Others will complain about it all-we all have these people in our clubs. Ride it out, support your club, vendors, and local economy. Remember, there are going to be people that will never shoot again.

#5 ·
I want to add to wests post. If your unemployed or retired call your local range/club and see if there is anything at all a volunteer can help out with. Little things. Every club needs up keep, perfect time todo it. Also this trap community is like another family and any help goes along way. Even if it's a call to see if you can help. Itll be remembered when things return to normal!! Just my .02 cents!

#10 ·
I think club prices will need to remain fairly static for awhile. People will be sorting out their personal finance situation. We’ll be in a recession or possibly a depression. People without stable income, and crappy portfolios don’t have cash to pay for the luxury of a shooting sport.

Spiking rates to make up for Q1 losses sounds great on the surface, but it could be the death kneel to many a club that tries it.

#11 ·
The clay pigeon supplier for our club is suffering an over-all downturn in their business, despite selling rifle and pistol ammo like crazy. To help them out, I considered placing our next bird order early, but do not have space in our storage shed, given that we're not nearly out of birds from the previous delivery. So I bought 11 cases of AA shells and encouraged my club-mates to do likewise. We are indeed in this together, and if you can accelerate your purchases from your suppliers, you'll be helping them a lot.
This is also a great time to attend to those deferred maintenance jobs for which there never seems to be time either in season or between seasons. We are doing preventive maintenance on our Pat-Trap throwers next week. A big job to replace the bands, and there was always the fear of something going wrong in the process and not being ready for the next league night.

#15 ·
With most clubs not throwing targets and things sitting on hold I do not think you will see a drastic increase in prices. I understand many clubs have various financial structures and bills but really to have a drastic increase in prices to make up for a couple of months of no business is not a good way to go.

Im sure that there are clubs out there that are addressing the issues of suspended leagues and if they cancel are they going to refund for the parts not shot.

#17 ·
I agree with Ken C and others who doubt that prices will rise - maybe a little, but nothing drastic. We are all hurting - some more than others and I hope all the clubs can survive and prosper, but as mentioned most people have priorities like paying their mortgage, taxes, food, etc. and shot gunning - trap/skeet and SC's are quite an expensive hobby.

#19 ·
I don't see prices going up at my club. It's a commercial club, and most members are old retired guys, so unemployment won't be an issue. On a side note, club ordered a trailer load of targets last month. I asked the owner where he was going to put the targets that didn't fit in the target shed. He told me he called to cancel the order and White Flyer said don't cancel, keep your place in line as WF has shut down target production.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.