Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They will have a sticky Wicket to manager the confusing rules.
I haven't seen information on clubs from California in a while.
Steve

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
That is one quick way to get the new law on the Supreme Court docket. Can't even mail a magazine to CA? While I sympathize with your plight, perhaps it is time for civil disobedience to oppose inappropriate laws. Comply and wait for someone else to do it, or dont comply and be part of the solution. Yeah, I know, the clubs can't afford it......... but can they afford not to?

·
Premium Member
3,389 Posts
Wasn’t there a First Amendment or something . . . .ya da . . . . . yada ?

The sad thing is some private entity will have to spend dollars for a lawyer to fight the unlimited resources of the State of California. 🤨

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
Civil disobedience is easy to suggest someone else to do. How well has it worked for the January 6th gang?
So true. Is there a penalty for an adult who buys ammo or other merchandise for a minor? In this case, civil disobedience would be ordinary adults buying or distributing the material themselves. Let the parents buy the ammo, but if a kid wants a tshirt take his money and buy it for him. Hand out the pamphlets yourself?

·
Premium Member
20,796 Posts
Can you still take your kids hunting or is that against the law now also? When I was a kid out there, we spent more time at the duck club in the fall than at home. That was up around Marysville.

Reactions: Bob Tate

·
Registered
11,322 Posts
I read somewhere that one of the organizations made a statement that went something like this:

Dear Subscriber,

Due to the dipshitz in Commifornia we are announcing that we have cancelled all subscriptions to patrons in that state. In order to comply you will have to log into your account and re-subscribe.

The announcement may not have been worded exactly like that but was pretty close.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I’m thinking LAWSUIT.
Tron,
Thanks for getting the ball rolling on this.

By City News Service | [email protected] |
PUBLISHED: July 9, 2022 at 5:00 p.m. | UPDATED: July 9, 2022 at 5:56 p.m.
LOS ANGELES — Gun rights groups Friday filed suit in Los Angeles seeking to block the further implementation of a new law banning the marketing of guns to minors by manufacturers and others in the firearms industry.
Gov. Gavin Newsom signed AB 2571 into law last week under an emergency order to have the statute go into effect immediately. Any promotion of firearms to those under 18 years of age may lead to fines of $25,000 per incident, it states.
“This law is a clear First Amendment violation of speech and assembly,” said Chuck Michel, president and general counsel of the Fullerton-based California Rifle & Pistol Association, among plaintiffs in the suit.
“It’s really an attempt to wipe out the next generation of hunters and shooters,” he said. “Politicians in Sacramento are not even trying to hide their disdain for the `gun culture,’ which they neither understand nor support. They want to wipe it out.”

The lawsuit filed in federal court against state Attorney General Rob Bonta alleges that the law violates free speech rights under the First Amendment. Other plaintiffs include Junior Shooters — publisher of a youth shooting magazine — and such groups as the Second Amendment Foundation.

·
Premium Member
7,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So true. Is there a penalty for an adult who buys ammo or other merchandise for a minor? In this case, civil disobedience would be ordinary adults buying or distributing the material themselves. Let the parents buy the ammo, but if a kid wants a tshirt take his money and buy it for him. Hand out the pamphlets yourself?
No penalty. The minor faint buy it

·
Registered
6,191 Posts
We need a law that gets you fired for writing, promoting, or voting for an unconstitutional law. After all, your oath requires you to uphold and defend the constitution, so failing at that demands termination. Too harsh? OK, then three strikes and you're out. Right now there is absolutely no penalty or consequence, and I think that is wrong.

Reactions: rw993

·
Premium Member
7,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
We need a law that gets you fired for writing, promoting, or voting for an unconstitutional law. After all, your oath requires you to uphold and defend the constitution, so failing at that demands termination. Too harsh? OK, then three strikes and you're out. Right now there is absolutely no penalty or consequence, and I think that is wrong.
It still lose in court. But they still get to put the screws to those under 18 for now
Steve

1 - 20 of 24 Posts