Trapshooters Forum banner

Will a BT99 Competition forearm fit on a BT100?

1186 6
A while back I shot a couple rounds with a BT99 that was equipped with the competition forearm. I loved the feel of that forearm. I'm considering buying a BT100 but I'd like to fit the competition forearm on it. Midwest Gun Works have the competition forearms available and also have a forearm they say is made for the BT99 Max or BT100. It looks similar to the competition but with out handling them in person I'm just guessing by looking at the photographs.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
612 Posts
Midwest Gun Works have the (BT-99) competition forearms available and also have a forearm they say is made for the BT99 Max or BT100. It looks similar to the (BT-99) competition but with out handling them in person I'm just guessing by looking at the photographs.
Here are some photos that show the differences between the BT-99 Beavertail forearm, the BT-99 Competition forearm, and a BT-100 forearm. As you see, the BT-100 forearm (which has the same profile as the old BT-99 Max forearm like you said) is sort of a hybrid between the original BT-99 beavertail and the big, blocky BT-99 Competition forearm.

So, for your potential BT-100 purchase, it would do you no good to buy the "BT-99Max/BT-100 forearm" from Midwest Gun Works . . . you'd be getting the same forearm that's already on every BT-100.

Automotive tire Rectangle Synthetic rubber Line Font

I considering buying a BT100 but I'd like to fit the (BT-99) competition forearm on it.
Even if you try to swap forearm types between two BT-99s, you're going to have some trouble . . . and that applies equally if trying to adapt a BT-99 forearm to a BT-100.

First, since the Competition forearm is a deep piece of wood, it requires its own dedicated forearm bracket (with riser lug), the tallest forearm latch, and longer screws (see photo below). These parts are basically obsolete, so finding any on the used parts market may be difficult. You could attempt to deeply recess the BT-100 latch components into the Competition wood as shown in the second photo below, but it's probably a lot of trouble for so little gain . . . and even then you will likely run into other fitting issues.

Product Font Line Auto part Engineering

Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive tire Wood

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.