Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did one of you guys buy that BT-100 in that online auction today?
(Wild rose auctions near Strathmore Alberta)

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
dang what a deal, wish i knew about it, but then i dont have much of a clue what would be needed to get shipped to KS ffl

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
A steal of a deal.
Most auctions go higher than full retail, particularly in this time of Covid, but this one slid by without a bidding war.
I think that there are lots of shooters entertaining themselves with on-line auctions, in their isolation. But not this lot.
By the time you paid buyer' premium, a Customs Broker to clear the gun to the US and shipping, it would not be a bargain anymore.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It was just listed as "browning break action" and was in the middle of a bunch of other random farm guns.
Hopefully it ends up on a trap field again, and not hanging on a nail in someone's barn.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
There is less hassle to ship a shotgun to Canada through Leroys in Montana and use Prophet River. Last time I used this method it was $200.00 Canadian and 5% Canadian tax plus shipping to customer from Alberta. There was also the shipping to Leroys in Montana.

To ship to the US from Canada the cost the last time I checked into it was $299.99 US dollars. There was a small percentage on the value of the gun. There was a percentage duty if the gun was made in Japan or Italy or Germany oe other foreign country. You had to have the barrel laser marked with the Importers ID and there was the charge to ship it to a FFL in the US and a FFL charge on the purchasers end. More hassle shipping a gun into the US than shipping a gun into Canada.

PD

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Oh forgot to mention it takes about 3 months to get a gun from Canada to the US legally using the method I mentioned. Much shorter to get a gun from US to Canada. I will also mention I haven't been involved in shipping one from the US to Canada in about 6 years. From Canada to the US last year.

PD

1 - 11 of 11 Posts