Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just started shooting trap this year. Had a lot of ups and downs alternating between euphoria of good rounds and shooting slumps we thought would never end. We had a lot of help from experienced shooters from our clubs, watched Leo Harrison and Phil Kiner Video's, and then attended a Nora Ross clinic.

First week after the clinic saw a dip in scores as we were too consciously aware of gun mounts, stances, hold points, etc. Now on our second week after the clinic it's coming together.

I'm happy and proud of her to get her first 25 straight ahead of me, I got 24/25 in that round. I've been telling her that at some point the one who wins the round will be the one who doesn't miss a bird. Know there will be more bumps in the road but nice to feel a smooth patch for a while now.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Congrats on her 25 and truly on both of your successes in this sport. Its great to see you both share the same passion in the sport.
I will be attending the Nora Ross Clinic in October....what were your thoughts about it?

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Congrats to her and welcome to the sport. I enjoy shooting with the wife and we enjoy traveling to different clubs and meeting other couples in the sport.

Good shooting.

·
Premium Member
1,893 Posts
Congratulations and wishing you and your wife many 25's. It is a great sport of individual achievement and fellowship. Ralph

·
Registered
6,897 Posts
When your wife gets her first 25 straight, I'm sure it is a trap custom to make mad passionate love to her. You're supposed to tear her clothes off do it on station 3 right after she is done. I can't remember whether it is the 16 yard line or handicap where you have at it. (Probably doesn't make any difference)

I hope you did this. After all, we wouldn't want tradition to go by the wayside.

Yours in sport.

Hauxfan!

PS...........All in good fun and congrats to the both of you.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Congrats to both of you! Attending a good clinic and watching the really good videos is money well spent. Now on to 100! Welcome and good shooting, Steve

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Congrats on her 25 and truly on both of your successes in this sport. Its great to see you both share the same passion in the sport.
I will be attending the Nora Ross Clinic in October....what were your thoughts about it?
First thanks for her congrats, she's still on cloud nine and guess I am too.

You're lucky to be going to a Nora Ross Clinic. Nora is a great teacher. I highly recommend her class. I noticed during class I was the only one taking notes and would recommend you do that too. It didn't take that many notes for me to capture ideas for the changes I need to make. Since the class I had a friend who took the class from her a couple years ago ask a couple questions about what she taught. I know I gave him accurate info because it was in my notes and part of my new shooting stance. Memory fails to quickly and a few quick notes last. Finally, Nora is a very pleasant person to be around and you not only learn a lot but have a good time when you take her class.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When your wife gets her first 25 straight, I'm sure it is a trap custom to make mad passionate love to her. You're supposed to tear her clothes off do it on station 3 right after she is done. I can't remember whether it is the 16 yard line or handicap where you have at it. (Probably doesn't make any difference)

I hope you did this. After all, we wouldn't want tradition to go by the wayside.

Yours in sport.

Hauxfan!

PS...........All in good fun and congrats to the both of you.
Damn, you got me thinkin I should have taken this sport up when I was younger!

·
Registered
11,130 Posts
Congrat's on your Wife's first 25 strait!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you took her out for a nice dinner at least.

Now let us know when you get your's. Hope its real soon too!!! break em all. Jeff

·
Registered
11,130 Posts
Hauxfan--- I have not heard of this custom!!!, but would like to know More??? Can you substitute your Mistress in lieu of your Wife?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????Also on a side note!!!
Can the making of this passionate love affair wait until midnight of the next full Moon???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Inquiring minds would like to know?

break em all. Jeff

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wonderful and congratulations. My wife shot with me today. No 25s but we enjoyed ourselves.
We're lucky to have shooting spouses and no matter how well we shoot it's always fun. Seems some of our misses have generated the biggest laughs.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hauxfan--- I have not heard of this custom!!!, but would like to know More??? Can you substitute your Mistress in lieu of your Wife?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????Also on a side note!!!
Can the making of this passionate love affair wait until midnight of the next full Moon???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

break em all. Jeff
Hope your wife's not reading this. You might need a new gun barrel to replace the one she bent over your head.

·
Registered
6,897 Posts

break em all. Jeff
Of course it can wait till midnight, but you do need someone there with a camera to verify the "deed". Otherwise, we'll only have your word for it and everyone knows us trapshooters are bullsh*t artists and liars.
You may use your mistress or your best friends mistress, (as long as he's good with it). If not, skip the camera part........
Have fun and shoot often.........

Hauxfan!

·
Registered
206 Posts
We just started shooting trap this year. Had a lot of ups and downs alternating between euphoria of good rounds and shooting slumps we thought would never end. We had a lot of help from experienced shooters from our clubs, watched Leo Harrison and Phil Kiner Video's, and then attended a Nora Ross clinic.

First week after the clinic saw a dip in scores as we were too consciously aware of gun mounts, stances, hold points, etc. Now on our second week after the clinic it's coming together.

I'm happy and proud of her to get her first 25 straight ahead of me, I got 24/25 in that round. I've been telling her that at some point the one who wins the round will be the one who doesn't miss a bird. Know there will be more bumps in the road but nice to feel a smooth patch for a while now.

Congratulations to your wife on her first 25 straight. I'm sure you won't be too far behind her. I, like you both, started in trap this year. My first round was mid May. I just received my Phil Kiner video today and ordered my first shotgun today! I'm hooked. I shot today (best was 21/25, my high), I'm going to shoot tomorrow using a borrowed gun and maybe even Saturday and Sunday. As you may have guessed, my wife is out of town for the weekend! Yipeeeee. Don't tell her I said that. ;-(

Again, Congratulations to your wife.
Mike

1 - 18 of 18 Posts