Trapshooters Forum banner

Wife's BT99 Recoil adjuster

1892 Views 13 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  BENCHREST
Wife runs a tapered recoil pad, offset, dropped way down , and angled.
I had to ad some packaging foam to the adjuster,as it was hitting her collar bone.
Any ideas how to make this look better? The fit is great, so not willing to make any major changes.
I have some leather I am thinking of making a wrap
Sports equipment Automotive tire Helmet Synthetic rubber Grey
Grey Composite material Fashion accessory Metal Font
Wood Comfort Flooring Thigh Art
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
417 Posts
Dusty, we have seen a couple of times over the years where the upper side/corner/edge of the recoil pad was hitting a collar bone and successfully fixed it by using our belt sander to sand-off/hollow-out a bit, the face, just at the offending edge of the pad where it rubs.
Mike

Reactions: Dustydoo

· Registered
417 Posts

This is a bit crude, I just did this quickly on an old pad, but it serves to illustrate what I just said. I would say look at exactly where on the pad is hitting her collar bone, sand it out a bit, have her try it, then adjust and sand more as necessary.

Mike

· Registered
417 Posts
Yeah, sorry Dusty, I re-read your post a minute ago and realized what you were saying. I thought I'd seen most every problem at least once, and this one I have not run into before. What about cutting the stock off some (shortening it) and adding a thicker pad or spacer (for same LOP)?? Wouldn't that bring that pad out further from her collar bone?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.