Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my lady left a light on in her 2003 Seabring. I never noticed in the 2 yrs she has had this car that there is no battery in engine compartment, just pos and neg posts on the side. Anyway got it started. Then I had to look it up to see where they put the battery. In the left front wheel well. The tire has to come off to change it.
I have heard that the batteries in Caddys are in the back seat.......BASTARDS.
This of course is not important, just had to blow off steam.

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
Battery in wifes HHR is way in the back (hatchback) under the floor, thought that was kinda strange. Guess not. Ross Puls

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
some Volvo's have the battery in the trunk ,some mercedes have 3 batterys,how do you find out witch one to change if car wont start ?

·
Premium Member
11,104 Posts
Austin-Healey 3000 had the battery in the trunk (or boot, as they called it), also. I once worked on a Jaguar XK-150. It had two 6 volt batteries, one each behind a door at the back of each front wheelwell.

·
5,232 Posts
My Audis... 100/5000 had them under back seat, think VW bugs did too... the BMWs have them in trunks...

·
Registered
185 Posts
I had a BMW with the battery under the back seat. I liked it. Battery would last about 5 yrs, but was just as clean the the day I replaced it was when new. No Mess. I can't help but mess with people. Had to boost off an old guy in a Cadillac one time. Raised my hood and hooked the cables to the bolt-looking terminal near the the firewall. The old guy looked and asked, "this car doesn't have a battery?" I told him that was what was great about a BMW, no battery to worry about. He started up and drove off talking about what a great idea that was.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Porsche puts them up front to balance out some of the ass-heavy bias caused by the engine hanging out over the rear!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts