Trapshooters Forum banner

Wife’s Dang Dog

8555 Views 84 Replies 56 Participants Last post by  murphranch

So the Wife’s dog got ahold of my A400 Multitarget.Any recommendations on how to handle? I have Gun and Trophy insurance but doubt it’s worth filing a claim. Other option is to deal with the scratches on the stock and just try to replace the comb. Anyone know where I can find just a comb? Any help is greatly appreciated.
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

· Registered
1,209 Posts
View attachment 1750493

So the Wife’s dog got ahold of my A400 Multitarget.Any recommendations on how to handle? I have Gun and Trophy insurance but doubt it’s worth filing a claim. Other option is to deal with the scratches on the stock and just try to replace the comb. Anyone know where I can find just a comb? Any help is greatly appreciated.
I’ve done just enough stock refinishing to give me a bit of confidence. This looks like real wood. A little sanding and a little oil should make it good as new. And then shoot the dog🤣. Ok not really.

· Registered
388 Posts
You might try the wet towel and steam iron to raise the wood grain, Also take the comb to a good paint store and ask them to computer match the stain color of the wood. If the wood swells, let it dry and 1000 wet sand it , slowly. when dry use a cotton rag with a little stain to try a match. You could use it on the inside of the comb as a test. Good luck. I have the same gun and it looks and feels like real wood.

· Registered
2,539 Posts
Some 80 and 120 grit sand paper, smooth it out and rub some Howards Feed n Wax into the wood and call it a day. You don't use the rear of the comb, it adds character. Go on line and get on Chewy.com and get the dog some new chew toys!

1 - 20 of 85 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.