Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have this particular system, and if so, are you happy with the way it sharpens the knife?

Rick in MT

·
Premium Member
12,278 Posts
Looks like a REALLY expensive version of the Lansky sharpener.

I've had one for years.

great if you really don't know how to sharpen a knife (no offense meant - just stating the obvious). Also really good for restoring an edge that is badly damaged or really poorly sharpened.

Sypderco also makes a sharpening system that I have found to b really quick and easy to use - great for touching up an edge, or putting an edge on a knife with a blade in good shape.

http://www.spyderco.com/catalog/details.php?product=77

I tend to use both - the Lansky to restore or set up a blade, and after that the Spyderco to keep things sharp.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have the latest version of the WE. It is easy to use, can sharpen my Japanese kitchen knives at the 16 degree angle no problem. I like it but it was expensive, felt it was a lifetime investment to justify. Would buy again. Do you have a specific concern?

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
Lansky, followed by a couple strokes on a set of ceramic vee sticks

·
Registered
907 Posts
Tell my buddy that you have a blade that just won't take and edge and he'll take your knife and make it razor sharp. He just can't pass up the challenge. JPM

·
Registered
10 Posts
Try looking in to wwww.edgeproinc.com the last sharpener you will ever need. I will make this statement there is a learning curve until you get razor edges.

·
Super Moderator
3,168 Posts
Rick, I checked them all out before I bought and I chose the Wicked Edge. Easy to use, precise and does a great job. Going on 3 years and still very satisfied. Harv Shell

1 - 9 of 9 Posts