Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yes, but could it and should it be and is it considered a non denominational holiday by all besides being a National Holiday?

It's a day of giving Thanks to a Creator so for that we should be threatened?

It seems ironic to me.

Not in 'the book' therefore invalid by some and cause for action by others?

·
Premium Member
18,261 Posts
Muslims don't celebrate Thanksgiving. They just keep raping, pillaging, taking care of their goats, and killing people who don't follow their beliefs.

·
Registered
18,754 Posts
Muslims don't celebrate Thanksgiving. They just keep raping, pillaging, taking care of their goats, and killing people who don't follow their beliefs.
And raping their neighbor's goats.

Reactions: KS-OKIE

·
Premium Member
8,018 Posts
Serve bacon wrapped turkey to help keep them away. So far my home, lots of bacon and no muslims. Anyway, it's what I tell my wife when she says we eat too much bacon. Me and the dog love it, and she likes the dog.
Aloha(gobble gobble akbar)

·
Administrator
8,301 Posts
If you care about the Republic of the United States of America you definitely give thanks and have many things to be thankful for :) On the flip side of things those of us who care about this country and where things will be not only in our future but for our grand children need to realize it that there are a lot of people in the world and in this country who are envious--despise it even though they enjoy the benefits of being here and in many case being a citizen want to see it take a fall and have a good laugh at the people who really care. Be aware of what is going on and lets not look the other way for a second.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
FBI Warns Of Thanksgiving Terror Potential; Walsh Says No Specific Threat To Boston
Why Thanksgiving Day when it is a day set aside to give Thanks to our Creator?

Wouldn't that encompass most believers and however they name their Creator in a peaceful co existance?

Giving Thanks to That Which is greater than ourselves?
Because that's not what most people consider it to be. Thanksgiving Day is a national holiday celebrated in Canada and the United States that is celebrated as a day of giving thanks for the blessing of the harvest and of the preceding year.

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
According to the First Book of Holidays,

"Governor William Bradford spoke for all of the little group (of Indians and Colonists) when he set aside a time of Thanksgiving to God in the fall of 1621. For three days the colonists and their Indian guests sat together around the tables. They feasted and sang. They said prayers of thanksgiving. People took new courage for the hard work they had to do."

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
As a youngster I remember from my first grade teacher, that WE celebrate Thanksgiving as a way of Giving Thanks for All the things we have. She also told us that it started with the Pilgrims who came to America to explore and build a New Country free from the Kings Rule. Those same Pilgrims if they were to come back today would probably be Amazed at All of the Technology advancements We as a Country have made. But I would bet they would sick at the MORALS that have developed over time. Of which seem to me be falling deeper everyday. TRUMP's THANKSGIVING DAY MESSAGE is possibly a New Start to becoming a COUNTRY UNITED AGAIN. At least I hope so. So the way I see it, this Country celebrates THANKSGIVING for a Very Good Reason. If those who may be offended don't like it. Well, I say it time for those folks to pack their things and move on or just move back to where they came from..this is the most civil response that I can come up with.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts