2426 17
Have they stopped shooting this week?

Ron Burdick
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Premium Member
21,561 Posts
I talked to a friend there last night. I guess they have been waxing their skis instead of cleaning their guns. LOL. I asked about the snow bunnies, but got no answer.

· Registered
293 Posts
I'm not at the Spring Grand, but I've heard from friends there that they have jumbled the event order somewhat due to bad weather on Wednesday. They completed Wednesday morning's doubles then posponed Wednesday's handicap to 8:00AM on Thursday. Evidently, they didn't shoot Thurday's doubles on Thursday - shooting only the Handicap postponed from Wednesday and the Class Singles. Today (Friday) they were to shoot the Class Doubles postponed from Thursday, then the Doubles Championship, then the Nitro 27 Handicap.

I hope they can get all 300 targets in today and be back on schedule for the Singles Championship on Saturday. If they didn't have the trap line newly expanded to 50 traps, they'd never pull it off.

Still, I'm with the rest of you about not understanding why the events shot on Thursday haven't been posted yet. Most likely, with everything they have to do to get this shoot sorted out in the office, updating the scores on the internet for those of us not there is probably not at the top of their priority list.

Patience - there isn't a better staff than exists at Tucson. They'll get it done.

· Banned
9,042 Posts
No kidding! Now I know how gunsmiths feel. Geeez.

Oh, and the ATA, WTA, Trap Directors at every club, etc. LOL

· Registered
293 Posts
Like I said - posting scores can't be a priority for a club that is as inundated with office work as Tucson is for the Spring Grand. A day late is pretty good for all they have to do. In this world of instant news and gratification, we have become a bit spoiled with instant updates.

Those of us that can't be there all care about how our friends are shooting and who is leading the events. Remember just a few years ago we had to either wait for friends returning from a shoot to give us a report or wait a couple of months for it to show up in Trap & Field-----!

· Super Moderator
6,287 Posts
I don't know for certain, but I'm pretty sure that David is posting the scores, since he's there.

In all likelihood, he gets them from Clyde sometime the following morning and posts them later that day when he gets a chance.

· Registered
1,000 Posts
Yes, it only takes a few clicks of the mouse to get them to this site off of 3S but it depends on who is doing those updates and how high on the priority list it is to upload them. It's nice to see the scores ASAP but I can understand why they may not be posted until the next day.

Tim

· Registered
3,060 Posts
You sound like a bunch of ungrateful children..................... David is attending the Spring Grand as a participant and has been gracious setting his time aside posting scores when his time allows, he's not hired help...............

If you think you can do faster and better hustle on over and show everyone how it's done

Grow up.

Surfer

· Registered
727 Posts
Please! These people are on the "clock" from 7:00 until 10:00, volunteering their time for the shooters. We must learn to say thank you not where is it. Please be respectful and give them a break. When you walk by these volunteers, say thanks. If they were not there, you would not have a shoot.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.