Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never seen so many nice Ljutics on here for sale at the same time. What guns are they replacing them with? Just wondering.

·
Administrator
8,268 Posts
Chris, I think a lot of the people selling Ljutics have more than one and you get into a situation where if they a sitting because you are just shooting your favorite you cannot justify the others sitting in the safe.
I have 2 Ljutics right now and I still shoot the 1981 Mono Gun pretty much all the time. I think the shooters gets worn out befor the Ljutic does :)

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
You're right, there are a lot of Ljutics for sale. Check some of the other sites, take your pick. Seems the early flat ribbed guns are the cheapest.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
OK, sorry. That was smart-assed of me.

But I know of several guys who are giving up top singles (not just Ljutics) for un-singles. A couple other guys I know have gone to combos so they use one gun for the 3 events.

Other than that...maybe coincidence that so many are selling right now??

I do contend that a single barrel trap gun is a lousy long term investment.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
As George stated so well, many Ljutic shooters have shot them for years and many have multiple Ljutic's. Some of these trap shooters are entering the Fall of their lives and realize they need only one Ljutic for their remaining years that will serve them well (and their grand kids too).

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a stainless Pro 3 and a Mono. I was pondering getting an o/u and just shooting it for everything. I am really shooting the best most consistant scores ever with the Pro 3, so I think it would be stupid to swap. Still the temptation is there.

·
Well known trouble maker
2,730 Posts
Chris, I think a lot of the people selling Ljutics have more than one and you get into a situation where if they a sitting because you are just shooting your favorite you cannot justify the others sitting in the safe.
I think George is spot on.

I have a One Touch for sale here on the site. It is my backup gun and never sees the light of day. I also have a mid rib Mono Gun that keeps it company in the safe. But I shoot this bad boy.

DSC02964.JPG

My go to gun is a Ljutic Super Handicap Limited Edition. I had Ljutic make this barrel with the One Touch rib to my specifications. I use it shooting Protections around the area.

I have owned almost every brand now with the exception of Perazzi. I didn't have a desire for one until George (yes our George MT) sold his MX2005 to a guy at my club. I shot it a few times and love how I can keep my head up so now I am selling my safe queen One Touch to help fund the purchase of the Perazzi.

I did note that there seems to be as many Perazzi's for sale in the For Sale by Owner section as there are Ljutics.

Not surprised at the numbers of all brands offered for sale the way the BiStar's are flying out the door. We just can't keep them in stock.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I owned many years ago an old Mono, traded up to a Perazzi MX8 that I loved, then sold it to shoot 1000 yard F class, and bench rest. I got transferred to Texas, and where I'm at they don't shoot the rifle games, so my guns sat for 10 years. Two years ago I sold them and bought an MX15 that I could not shoot to save my life. I sold it for a Ljutic, and my average went up by 7 birds. Then a friend sold me my stainless Pro3 with a JL2 rib, and custom wood serial #Texas 000. One of the prettiest Ljutics I have seen. I am after a slight learning curve been shooting it better than anything I have owned. I just have a wandering eye for guns. Been hot for a Kolar T/C, but can't seem to find in just an O/U.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
I would never buy anything that's pronounced differently than it's spelled. If it's "Loo-tic," why is there a damned "J" in there? That's "Luh-jew-tick" in the king's English.

Nope, not me. Not 'til they start calling them Luh-jew-tics, as God intended.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts