Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did not run this through snopes but it sounds likely. Bulge.

HOW BIG IS WAL-MART?

1 . At Wal-Mart, Americans spend $36,000,000 every hour Of every day.

2 . This works out to $20,928 profit Every minute!

3. Wal-Mart will sell more From January 1 to St. Patrick's Day (March 17th) Than Target sells all year.

4. Wal-Mart is bigger than Home Depot + Kroger + Target + Sears + Costco + K-Mart combined.

5. Wal-Mart employs 1.6 million people And is the largest private employer. And most can't speak English

6. Wal-Mart is the largest company In the history of the World.

7. Wal-Mart now sells more food Than Kroger & Safeway combined, And keep in mind they did this In only 15 years.

8. During this same period, 31 Supermarket chains sought bankruptcy
(including Winn-Dixie).

9. Wal-Mart now sells more food Than any other store in the world.

10. Wal-Mart has approx 3,900 stores In the USA of which 1,906 are SuperCenters; This is 1,000 more than it had 5 years ago.

11. This year, 7.2 billion different Purchasing experiences will occur At a Wal-Mart store.
(Earth's population is approximately 6.5 billion.)

12. 90% of all Americans live Within 15 miles of a Wal-Mart
0A

13 Let Wal-Mart bail out Wall Street

·
Banned
8,351 Posts
WalMart (Wally World) is in the business of making money while saving its customers money, not investing in a losing proposition such as Wall Street ...
If Wall Street was run like WalMart is there would be no need for a bailout, same thing goes for GM, Ford, and Chrysler ... Thats just the way it goes ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Ya know its interesting since you mention the auto industry and bailout that the president of the automakers union is going to ask that the bailout be renegotiated and changed so that the workers dont have to take any type of loss in wages.

I would just love somebody to tell him that they take it as it is and take whatever is offered per the stipulations in the offering or the automakers can file bankruptcy and he will be out of work cause there will be no union left for him to be president of ... I wonder if he is willing to take a pay cut as well to help out his fellow union members?

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
I live in a rural area on the edge of a small town. But I have a Wal-Mart supercenter within 5 minutes of my house. The best of both worlds. Liberals hate Wal-Mart. I go there all the time. I do hate that they got rid of their guns where I go and their sporting goods section has shrunk. Because of political correctness they will have a woman working in sporting goods that doesn't have a clue what she is selling. They will have some guy that hunts all the time over in womens clothing. I went in there once and bought steel shotgun shells, a duck stamp and a duck call. The last thing the two women behind the counter told me was "I hope you get your deer". I hate K-mart. It feels like a cheap, dirty, poorly run Wal-Mart. Target quit selling sporting goods at all and went straight for the suburban female market. Can't stand Target anymore. Nothing but women and whipped men pushing their carts around.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
You mean the women are whipping the men to make them pull there shopping carts around the store?

Hmmm ... now if your into that sort of thing it could be a great advertisement idea for Target in there next tv commercial.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I walk to my super Wal-Mart nearly every day because It accomplished 3 things: gets exercise for my dog, gets exercise for me, and saves money; all of which are worthy causes.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'm suprised the oil companys haven't bailed out the auto companys. They've made billions in the last year. The price of gas was what caused most of the problems we have now. Auto worker lay offs, defaults on homes most people could'nt afford and certainly didn't need, people just living beyond their means. And you know what, I live in Michigan (where the economy is shot)and they are still building those extravigant homes that it takes 2 good paychecks a week to make the payments! How did our parents raise us in 800-1200 sq ft. homes and they need 2000-5000 now. I feel beter now. Break em all...Dave

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.