Trapshooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my opinion maybe your Brain is tired getting the carp kicked out of it because macho man has to shoot the biggest high powered load. Look at it like this if every time you came home your wife hit you in the head with a bat how long before you would duck every time you came home just my 2 cants.Isee older guys moving up to a larger load because there scores are dropping let's face it we get old things chang.

·
Premium Member
3,201 Posts
I flinch shooting clay targets if my sight picture isn't perfect...
Years of shooting bench-rest rifles & target archery I needed everything perfect. My brain won't allow me to pull a trigger on a moving target, now I have to let go of it (Release trigger) to be able to score a hit !
Recoil has nothing to do with my issue!

·
What squad am I on?
TriStar TT-15 Combo
8,432 Posts
A flinch can come from several different issues. Fit, recoil, trigger issues, etc...

For me I developed a serious problem and I believe it was a worn out trigger in my Ljutic. Bad springs or something I was told that were leading to inconsistent trigger pull weights...regardless, at least once per round I'd flinch so bad the gun would fire off my shoulder. Scary stuff right there if you've ever experienced it. Doesn't get much worse than that as far as a flinch goes.

I've also watched a guy flinch so bad he did something similar. Only thing that had changed was the addition of a Stock Lock. The difference in feeling at the shot and the lack of felt recoil can really mess with your brain if you let it. I experienced the sensation of what felt like I was going to drop my gun for about he first 10 targets. After my first round I was cruising along nicely but there's no denying it...it changed things. In my case for the better but that may not be true for all.

·
Premium Member
Perazzi TM1 (Ithaca) Fixed Full with Stock Lock and a Bowen Release.
1,316 Posts
Started to flinch over a year ago.
I "counted" the misses that I KNEW were related to my flinch.
Switched to Release.
Did fine for a few months.
Started again to count the misses I attributed to a flinch.
Found that I had a similar "flinch" even with the Release
Returned to Pull.
Along comes Corona.

I might be offering a few Release triggers for sale over the next few months.

·
Ljutic Nut
2,969 Posts
WadHopper

"inconsistent trigger pull weights" on a Ljutic are usually a sign that you need to change the trigger pins.

·
What squad am I on?
TriStar TT-15 Combo
8,432 Posts
WadHopper

"inconsistent trigger pull weights" on a Ljutic are usually a sign that you need to change the trigger pins.
10-4. I changed the whole gun. That Centennial will be one I'd like to get back someday. Jumped the gun on getting rid of it I believe. Serial Number C-001 if anybody know's were it's at.

·
Registered
347 Posts
An older bulls eye shooter I knew said he was always too lazy to flinch. Another told me the advantage he had as he aged was that his reflexes were now so slow that, by the time he flinched, the bullet was long gone.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
I was flinching so bad I could not make it through a round of 25 with out a flinch.
What I finely determined it was vision acuity due to my diabetes?
I switched to a release end of the flinching.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts