Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why do I yearn for a Krieghoff KX-5 or KS-5 instead of my Browning XT? My XT trap combo isn't a junker, but I have urges. I am not thinking that my scores will improve but I do love quality pieces. Is there a therapist in the house?

DaveXT....will my name have to become KrieghoffDave?

·
Registered
314 Posts
It is because you have now reached a heightened stage of enlightenment. It is your destiny, and putting it off only throws the world more out of balance.

LMS (KS-5 Special)

·
Registered
315 Posts
Having owned both, I would shoot a kx before buying one,Very well made, but not for everyone. Compared to my xt I thought the recoil was pretty tough, some guys don't like the effort of cocking with the opening lever. That said I did shoot some great handicap scores with that gun.

·
Registered
25,281 Posts
So you can join the elite group of The Blown Up K-Gun Club?

·
Banned
9,042 Posts
KS-5 Special. Four moving parts. Cocking the hammer with the top lever cuts down on the worn parts. You will never notice the resistance after you shoot a round. Can not get a more simple, or reliable design than a Krieghoff KS, or KX-5.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
DaveXT, if you had called me a month ago I could have fixed your yearning. I sold a like new KX5 with upgraded wood in the case with release or pull trigger for only $3995.00.
Don

·
Registered
411 Posts
I didn't notice any extra effort to open the KS 5 I had. But the recoil, while not harsh, but slightly noticeable, seemed "different" than some other guns I had. More than my TM1, but that's just me, ymmv

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
After owning a Browning Citori Plus and borrowing a K-80 at the same time I can tell you there's no comparison. I used to go back and forth when I shot. First thing I noticed was the balance or lack there of. The Browning had none.
The k-80 was blanced and I felt that in the swing. K-80's Trigger, very nice and smooth. Complicated trigger but I've never needed it serviced. And the one I borrowed was going on 15yrs of perfect service. K-80 is worth it. One and done for me. Now if I can only find a Foul weather/rain gun. Perazzi or Blaser? Dave T.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Eddie:
I'm not trying to start a fight but what does "without drastic alterations to the stock" mean? Krieghoff stocks are basically Wenig New American Style Stocks. Is it because of K-80's high rib or palm swell? Just curious. Dave T.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.