Trapshooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me why we are getting another reduction in yardage ,if we have not earned yardage since Sept. 1 / 2012 ?

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
Not me. I refused the first one and now will refuse this one. I always wanted to see what it was like looking at the rear ends of great shooters. Now I will do that this year.

·
Registered
10,782 Posts
I didn't get one the first time around but I took this earned 2 yard reduction in less than a heartbeat.

95 percent of the average shooters can't shoot competitive scores from the 16s that would be a threat to the top shooters in the game of handicaps? Who's BSn who about being a long yardage shooter, not me. Earning cheap yardage and changing the rule for easier angled targets thrown shorter has brought about this "free" yardage reduction cycle.Kickin the can so to speak.

Hap

·
Registered
8,533 Posts
It's to move the good shooters up to a yardage that they are competitive at, at least once. It's the purpose of handicapping. if you can't make it harder for the best shooters, then you make it easier for the lesser shooters.

simple enough..

·
Banned
10,106 Posts
You can make it harder for the best shooters but nobody has a set to make the necessary corrections. Hence, as Hap stated, the tin can gets kicked down the road!!

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
Better question is why another "yardage reduction" thread? Hasn't this been beat to death? I'm not saying I'm for it or against it but what more can be hashed out here?

·
Registered
31,704 Posts
Trying to get the shooters scores in the 90% range.

Remember the first round of reductions? If your average was les than 90, you got the reduction in addition to the 1000 target review.

·
Registered
14,806 Posts
sms, this is not a joke. Make harder targets, not targets harder. We'll all have to move up and you won't have to add concrete.

·
Registered
14,806 Posts
After White Flyer's composition problem, whether it was a formula or curing issue , it was obvious scores dropped at some shoots. I would think they could come up with a composition that was 15%-20% harder.

It would take more pellets to break, and create a distinct disadvantage to long yardage shooters.

Think about it.

·
Registered
14,806 Posts
And, it would affect 1 - 3 manufacturers and no one else. No more concrete, no changes in shells or speed, not trap machine changes, except for maybe 2-3 cranks on the spring to make up for the added weight.

The bird manufacturers wouldn't even have to change their molds, unless it was cheaper to do it by thickness rather than composition formula.

BTW..How did they come up with today's formula????

·
Registered
14,806 Posts
Not hard enough to make a difference. We shoot them at one of my clubs. I've noticed no difference. Champions....maybe.

·
Registered
21,600 Posts
How about the targets they threw at the Grand one year at Vandalia? The ones everybody complained about because they couldn't break 'em. What were they Remington or Federal Targets?

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
I got another reduction because of "known inability."

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.