Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We see scattered reports of some Clay Dot here, some Promo there....

Is anyone buying E3? I visit a couple of other boards as well and seems no one has reported buying any (new) E3 in a while. Our wholesaler hasn't had it in stock for about 2 years.

K

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
I just bought the last 8 pounder that Geiser Guns had. It was expensive, but I needed it. Actually, I was lucky to get it. I had called to order stuff for pickup at the Keystone Open. I was told they had no powder. He asked if I wanted to be placed on the waiting list, so I said yes, put me down for 8lbs of e3. He said, oh, wait a minute. I think I have one upstairs. He did and I lucked out. So what he really meant was he had no powder he thought a shotgunner would be interested in. Evidently, e3 is not all that popular. It may pay to just order it from somewhere and wait for it to come in.

Two months back, CAC had some for $118, not counting tax, shipping and hazmat fee. I was recently able to buy 8lbs of Green Dot for myself at $108, and 8lbs of Red Dot for a friend. Powder is available in small quantities. You have to keep looking. Also, it pays to be in the right spot at the right time. A couple of months ago I was in a store I frequent. They had just received a shipment and were stocking the shelves. A clerk came out carrying two jugs of GD. He only made it halfway to the shelves before they were both gone.

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Sent: Thursday, May 07, 2015 11:20 AM
To: Darrell Didreckson
Subject: RE: E3

We have not made any e3 in quite a while, opting to focus on the biggest sellers such as Red Dot. At
this point, I am not sure when we will make another run, but hopefully it will not be too long. We
shipping lots of powder, but the pipeline got so dry that it is going to take a lot more for everything to
become plentiful.

Thanks,
Ben

·
Registered
7 Posts
What formula do you use for e3? I load 3/4oz loads for skeet using the CB bright pink wads, Rem GC hulls, Fiocchi primers. I have been using Titewad but I'm down to the bottom of the jug. I have 4 lbs. of e3 to use next. I'm being told 17-17.2 is the answer.

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
I load 17gr e3 for everything. 1150fps for 9/8oz, 1200 fps for 1oz and 1250 fps for 7/8 oz. So if the pattern holds, you'll be at 1300fps for 3/4.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts