Trapshooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
What squad am I on?
Lots of different guns...
8,040 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I overheard a conversation Sunday discussing the desire to own a 725. On a whim, I said "I'll sell ya mine for two grand" and low and behold, now I need another doubles gun.

I was already planning on looking for a different gun this spring anyhow, likely demoing a couple such as the Fabarm QRR, The new 725 Adj if I could get my hands on one, the new Beretta 694 or maybe going big and getting a Z-gun combo but I've decided to push the Z idea to next year, gotta get my vehicles in order first.

So....

I'm thinking about just ordering the new 725 Adjustable combo and being done (like that'll ever happen) but I'll need a doubles gun by April and likely won't be in a position to demo anything sooner than that.
Plus, I'm familiar with the 725 and r e a l l y like it's ergonomics, mild recoil and have said for two years that I wish I could get my 725 to shoot a little higher without feeling like I was standing on top the rib.

Part of me thinks this might be "the one" while the other part of me just wants it because it's a 725 on steroids.

What do you think?

·
Registered
32,283 Posts
I think you should give TT15 another try. LOL
I was going to suggest the same thing. With a TriStar o/u you can hold the gun centered between the targets and fire. One barrel will take out the left bird, the other the right. Won’t have to move the gun or worry about which bird to shoot first.

·
Keystone Shooter
2,183 Posts
You’ve already had the Browning and know what it is and what it’s about. What not a Beretta? I’m sure you can find one over there in Ohio somewhere to try Pat. Just a thought
Chief
I love my used 687 silver pigeon three Joel Etchen special with the X Trap barrels.

·
Ya can't miss with a shotgun
2,763 Posts
Wad, you've already had the Browning
It shot too low, and kept you frowning

You like Italians? You like cannoli?
Holy moly, just get the Zoli!

Your thoughts are erratic, and have you drowning
You've always wanted the Zoli, so pass on the Browning.

If you don't buy it now, you'll always make excuses
For owning other guns, with marginal uses.

The Zoli has been calling, and you've turned the other way
You have the needed funds, so get the Z Gun today

........besides, who knows what next year may bring?
You may end up wasting good gun money, on a little metal ring

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
On a whim, I said "I'll sell ya mine
I'm thinking about just ordering the new 725 Adjustable comb
So, what is the budget?

I think: slow down & get focused

You could have a K a Z or any other trap combo and really be done... if you take your time. What’s up with the self imposed thing about a doubles gun in April?

Sounds like you’re just impulse selling and buying, well stuff... No discernible plan that I see.

·
Premium Member
Perazzi MX2000 31.5/34 combo with a prosoft
1,243 Posts
Jaburg inspired me....

Get the ring or don’t.
A good gun never leaves you.
Unless you sell it.

(get the 725 o/u or the Zoli combo).

1 - 20 of 119 Posts