Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would like to add an adjustable comb to a beretta 686 stock. I like the sharp corner (Kreighoff style). Whom would you have perform the work?

·
Premium Member
2,016 Posts
Rod's custom stocks in Ohio.

Great guy, does great work and fast.

Kevin

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Rod's did one for me and I am quite happy with it. Also I've seen some on line from Tron that look great as well.....

·
Premium Member
1,119 Posts
Pat Laib
Spicer Minnesota
(320) 796-2686

Did my BT100 as well as the very high end guns. Very well thought of.

Dusty

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
Nobody is going to be able to exactly replicate the krieghoff cut b/c they use a different technique to cut the comb than everyone else does.

·
Registered
Krieghoff K-80 standard trap (32"/34" unsingle) & Beretta ASE-90 (29 1/2" tubed set)
806 Posts
kyskeet,

I also think where you are in the country might help. Lot of good ones around that do good jobs, I'm just lucky that us Texans have Ken Rucker of SpeedBump Stockworks at the National Shooting Complex in San Antonio, TX. Does a super job on anything to do with buttstocks, forearm wood and his own designed recoil reduction system (Bumpbuster). I always stop in to visit with him in SA, and he is always working on a gunstock, hate to bother him or stop him while he is working, but just wanted to say how nice of a person he is to deal with.

Mike Hessong* (MH*)

Victoria (Texas) Skeet and Trap Club

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Just had Rich Cole do my SCO Perazzi. Great job. I wanted to use Perazzi clone hardware so I could use a Perazzi Rubber Comb. He did a great job.

I would suggest that you mage sure they use Beratta type hardware. There some crappy comb systems out there.

Tom

·
Registered
44 Posts
Dennis Devault, Canton OH , Absolutely the best!!!!!!!!! Dennis put an adjustable comb and butt plate on for me,, great job,, extremely knowledgeable, and a super nice guy to boot

Best Regards Art

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
If they work the AZ winter chain and do Adjustable combs, I have had a chance to see them work even get help and pointers from them,

Them being

Tom Larkin aka the Stockshop.

Bill Simons AKA bills custom Reciol reducers

Doug Hobbert

and several more all great craftsman!

Al Lingham

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.